4 days left
Job Title: SAR Administrator
Salary: £18,268 - £18,633 per annum
Full-Time: 35 hours
Temporary: 6 months - potential to be extended
We have two excellent opportunities to work as a subject access administrator within the Corporate Information Governance Team (CIGT).
The responsibilities of this role are to enable the Council and Worcestershire Children First to respond to requests for access to personal data (Subject Access Requests or SARs) under the UK GDPR and include:
• Ensuring requests are handled and processed consistently and accurately and in line with the ICO Right of Access Guidance
• Following the SAR procedures to appropriately respond to requests
• Deliver excellent customer service to our external, and internal, customers
• Searching and retrieval of information to be assessed for disclosure
• Preparation of personal data for disclosure
• Identification and application of appropriate redactions in line with relevant exemptions in data protection legislation
• Monitoring shared inboxes to ensure SAR queries and responses are answered and / or escalated promptly
• Provision of accurate statistics and progress on your targets to your manager and the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
We are looking for candidates that pay attention to detail and who deliver high quality work within agreed timescales. You must have the capacity to work on your own initiative and be able to effectively prioritise and organise your workload, but to also be confident enough to escalate concerns where appropriate.
You will be joining an experienced friendly team who will support you and encourage your development in this role and full training will be provided.
For further information please contact Becki Staite, Information Governance and Compliance Manager or Sue Hickinbotham – firstname.lastname@example.org
In return, you can look forward to:
• 25 days’ per annum, annual leave, plus bank holidays
• 35-hour working week, with flexible working, including remote working opportunities
• Career Average Pension
• Commitment to ongoing professional development and training.
We are inclusive – this is really important to us and we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer.
There are 7.6m working age people who have a disability or health condition. We’re tapping into this talent pool.
If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please let us know.
Please find the Job Description and Person Specification attached.
Please write your submission with consideration for the essential and desirable criteria on the Person Specification. This should include examples why you should be considered; the experience, skills and knowledge that you would bring to the post.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 24th October 2021,
Anticipated Interview Date: Wednesday 3rd November 2021,