Teaching Assistant Apprentice - Temporary 2 years - Southall
Off Rowan Avenue
Teaching Assistant ApprenticeTemporary for 2 years
(£4.30 per hour for first year, minimum wage for second year) Must be eligible for apprenticeship funding
32.5 hours per week, term time plus PD days
An opportunity has arisen for a Teaching Assistant Apprentice within Southall School.
The job involves working across the whole school and with individual students. Through this opportunity you will be able to gain paid employment whilst gaining a recognised Teaching Assistant qualification.
The moment your journey begins as an apprentice:
• You become an employed member of staff
• You will work towards gaining a full qualification
• You will receive full training, support and guidance
Your role will include:
• Working with children between the ages of 11-16 years, organising activities, being pro-active with help and care.
• Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – changing, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children.
• Work (under supervision) providing all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take part with day-to-day learning and play activities.
• Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well presented.
• Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner.
• To contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
• Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas.
• Be able to understand and implement the setting’s confidentiality policy.
• Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment.
Throughout this role, you will gain extensive knowledge and experience within the working environment which will set you up for a great career upon completion. This will hopefully lead to permanent employment within education sector or even continue to the next level, undertaking further training.
For further information on the role please click on the links below to see Job Description
The ideal candidate will:
• Be passionate about supporting children’s learning
• Be motivated to learn about and support pupils with a range of special educational needs
• Have an outgoing and motivated attitude
• Be a committed, punctual and reliable individual
• Hold GCSE English and maths at grades A – C.
Southall School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post will be offered subject to the satisfactory return of safeguarding checks and two references.
If you would like an informal chat, please ring Karen James, School Business Manager on 01952 387600.
Applications should be returned to email@example.com or if by post to the school at the address below.
School Off Rowan Avenue
This advert will remain live until the suitable candidate is appointed