Business Support Manager
We are looking for a Business Support Manager to lead, facilitate and enable the delivery of a suite of projects that are key deliverables for the FM and Business Support team. This is a fixed term post to the end of March 2022.
The role will work on agile working implementation at our offices, corporate business support and delivery in collaboration with colleagues from across WMCA.
The role will report into the Head of Strategic Facilities Management and manage a small team.
What will you be doing?
- Working on and enabling the delivery of agreed FM and Business Support space and services projects for WMCA
- Management of the Business Support team (a multi-disciplined team comprising a Corporate Support Co-ordinator and Corporate Support Officers)
- Embedding a new core offer and delivery model for Business Support services available at WMCA HQ, and for remote workers aligned to agile working
- Contract management of a number of call-off contracts
- Support with enabling a refreshed approach to customer service ensuring all new services are fully communicated and marketed and customer support is available.
- Identify opportunities for business improvement, and supporting delivery with the support of the Head of Strategic FM
You will be someone that has experience of supporting and managing projects or programmes and be able to manage business processes and services.
This role will have line management responsibility for a small team, you will need to be able to demonstrate your ability to lead and manage people effectively.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Good customer service skills and be able to communicate effectively to people at all levels of the organisation
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work on their own initiative
- Ability to build good working relationships and work collaboratively
- Experience or demonstrable sills to manage people
- Effective time management skills and ability to work independently as well as a member of a cross-functional team is essential
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines
- Experience or understanding of budget management
- Ability to use MS Office applications to an intermediate level
About the team
The Strategic Asset Management Team is a corporate resource to the West Midlands Combined Authority, providing strategic and professional facility and asset management advice as well as managing all maintenance work to the head office at 16 Summer Lane, including development of a workspace and accommodation programme. We provide a land surveying resource that deals with all our existing properties rents, rates and renewals. We also support with strategic advice for acquisitions, commissioning external advice where necessary. As a team we also maintain the asset information for the organisation through various means including an asset management system which assists us in maintaining our assets both reactively and in line with regulatory compliance.
Our role in the West Midlands has never been more important and in these extraordinary times we’ve shown we can step forward, speak up for our region and bring people together. Everything we do is focused on making life better for people in the West Midlands – that’s our reason for being here and it drives every move we make. We lead and support others to deliver our shared future vision for the region – a happier, healthier, better connected place to live and work.
We fully believe that we are only as great as the people who work for us and are committed to providing a positive, healthy and inclusive working environment where our people feel valued and respected. We are a “Leaders in Diversity” accredited organisation, are in the Inclusive Top 50 Employers List and are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women.
Our employees feel they can make a difference and are excited by the growth and the potential to shape the future. As we undergo a period of significant change, our employees are engaging with what is going on and we are encouraging a culture where people feel they can contribute towards improvements.
We’re ambitious, forward thinking and determined to find better ways of working, always leading the way in what we do. We trust and support each other to get the job done, and encourage creativity, originality and curiosity from those who work with us. We’re committed to creating an accessible and diverse workplace, one that nurtures an inclusive environment where our people can be themselves.
If your values align with ours and you’re committed to working towards creating a future we can all be proud of, we want to hear from you.
We are designing our organisation of the future and planning a new, flexible approach to the way we use our office space. This approach will mean most of us working from home some of the time and using our office space to come together to share ideas and learn from each other. We will continue to use digital technology for meetings, collaboration and communications - bringing teams together virtually wherever they’re working, saving time and spending on travel.
We are committed to developing an organisation that is representative of the diverse communities that we serve and welcome applications from all sections of the community. The following groups are currently underrepresented: young people, Black, Asian and ethnic minority groups and women at senior levels.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for applicants who meet the essential job role criteria. We will make reasonable adjustments, in line with the Equality Act, for disabled applicants if these are needed. Wherever possible we will offer flexible working options which assist work-life balance.
We’re dedicated to providing a broad range of rewards and benefits and constantly benchmark our benefits packages to ensure they are attractive for all our people. As well as a competitive salary, employees also receive 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and access to a great pension scheme.
Business Support Manager JD FTC.docx