Office Assistant/ Administrative Assistant
6 days left
Act on Energy is a fast growing and dynamic regional energy advice charity. We are currently looking for an Office assistant to support our busy administration team..
We are on a mission to put customers at the heart of everything we do. So if you feel you would like to be part of our journey then carry on reading.
So what qualities are we specifically looking for?
Do you love working with people?
Are you great on the phone and a natural communicator?
Do you like to problem solve?
Are you looking to work in a friendly and supportive environment?
If you can honestly answer yes to all of the above, then you could be exactly what we are looking for.
Here’s a little bit more about this role
To provide administration support for Act on Energy and the administration of work generated from our project teams who support energy related schemes and services. You will be an integral part of our team ensuring that our office operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting our daily charitable activities.
The role will involve carrying out a range of clerical support tasks to deliver a quality service to the Act on Energy team and to customers within our agreed service standards. You must be organised, competent and professional with phenomenal communication skills. You will be comfortable dealing with people over the telephone and able to carry out the relevant administrative duties with accuracy and speed. The goal is to ensure that office operations are efficiently dealt with and add maximum value to the charity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To provide administrative support to Project Team, including dealing with telephone messages, diary management, data inputting and other general administrative duties.
• Maintaining and monitoring of office/staff health and safety.
• Assist in keeping a work environment that protects people’s health and safety and that promotes welfare and which is in accordance with Act on Energy’s Health & Safety policy.
• Accurately input information and data into databases to ensure the organisation meets relevant Performance Indicators. This will involve working with the project team to identify the data and also providing them with management information regarding this on a regular basis.
• To work in an environment where managing continual interruptions and conflicting demands can cause high levels of pressure.
• The production of documents to a high standard of accuracy and presentation using the software provided. This will include the production of letters and information advice and guidance.
• Maintain high standards when managing conﬁdential information, complying with Act on Energy’s General Data Protection Procedures GDPR and legal requirements ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
• To assist when required to help service various formal meetings, including; organising venues, issuing invites and minute taking, the production of accurate records and the distribution of reports within agreed time scales.
• To be committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults
• To achieve agreed outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by line manager
• To be committed to the Act on Energy’s core values of public service, quality, equality, empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way duties are carried out.
• To ensure that all duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the General Data protection Act 2018 and other legislation
• To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with Act on Energy’s Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation
• The post holder is expected to work some weekends and evenings as required
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Liaise with the Public, Local Authorities and other bodies as required
The person specification is a picture of skills, knowledge and experience required to carry out the job. It will also be used in the short-listing and interview process for this post.
You should demonstrate in your covering letter how you meet each of the following essential criteria. Please ensure that you address each one of the criteria as this will be used to assess your suitability for the post.
1. Ability to interpret and accurately input and retrieve data using the software provided
2. Analytical skills, with an aptitude for problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution.
3. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing across a range of different audiences.
4. Skill in managing competing priorities over sustained periods of time, making judgements and adapting to changing circumstances and priorities.
5. Evidence of excellent customer service skills and the achievement of high quality services
6. Demonstrate accurate numerical skills and have an eye for detail when processing information
7. Ability to process information during a meeting and create accurate minutes
8. Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
9. Working within a team, preferably in an office environment
10. Flexible approach – demonstrating ability to respond positively to changes in allocation of work at short notice to set deadlines
11. Commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice and to work with a diverse customer base.
12. Excellent Computer skills including Microsoft word, excel and Sage
13. Driving licence and own car to use
14. Knowledge of domestic sustainable energy and affordable warmth issues
15. Knowledge and experience of housing, health and social care services and practice
16. Good general knowledge of energy infrastructure in UK
17. Experience of working in, or in support of, local or other statutory authorities
18. Enthusiasm and commitment to environmental and social welfare objectives
19. A flexible, dynamic and creative approach
20. Other IT skills
21. Training provided for the right candidate
Proposed Salary range:- £17,745 Full time
Part time considered - minimum 22.5 hours per week
Office Working Hours – Monday to Friday between 9:00am & 5:00pm – Occasional weekend work required
To apply please send your CV and a detailed covering letter by email to:
marking all correspondence for the attention of: