Team Managers - Safeguarding & Assessment
Things are happening and changing at pace here at Sandwell Children’s Trust. There’s lots going on, we have a great story to tell and we’re eager to make the most of the momentum we’ve achieved.Covering the 6 towns of Oldbury, Rowley Regis, Smethwick, Tipton, Wednesbury and West Bromwich, we’re smaller than our surrounding neighbours, but big enough to make a difference to the lives of the children, young people and families we support, as well as your career. Keen to build on the close knit, family feel that our colleagues really embrace, we’re already revising our improvement plan and investing in additional resources to create manageable workloads, with an emphasis on working together in a supportive team environment. Our vision and purpose are clear, supported by well-defined structures, led by a strong and committed management and leadership team that is connected, listens, cares and acts…now all we need is for you to find your new home in Sandwell. We’ve created a platform to build an exceptional ‘offer’ to everyone that joins us, something that can grow as we mature, something that we can enhance to meet the changing demands of social care and most importantly…something we can all be proud of and make us feel right at home. This has manifested itself in the ‘12 reasons to work in Sandwell Children’s Trust’. It’s a dynamic strategy, with a flexible framework that enables us to think about the way we recognise, reward and support you. Just visit our website and search under benefits to see the full facts. https://www.sandwellchildrenstrust.org/work-with-us/
As a Team Manager working in the Safeguarding & Assessment Team you will:-
- Have leadership responsibility for one of the 5 teams in our service. You will manage a team of 7 social workers, including one ASYE and support and guide them to deliver timely and effective intervention for children and families in Sandwell.
- You will have the necessary skills and experience to provide clear direction at case allocation, provide support and guidance through management oversight and review at key stages during the child’s journey, and provide reflective supervision to develop and support the skills and knowledge of your team.
- You will be able to work as part of our multi-agency team (alongside partner agencies in MASH) and make threshold-based decisions to inform the plan for our intervention. As part of the management team you will be involved in the recruitment of social workers to our service.
- Our current duty rota requires you to be the Duty Team Manager once every 5 weeks, during this week you are responsible for managing all the strategy discussions and s47 investigations during that week. You also have oversight of the new s17 assessment work and ensure this work is allocated in conjunction with your Team Manager colleagues.
- An inspirational leader with excellent management skills and the ability to promote team working.
- A Qualified Social Worker with significant experience in Children’s Services
- You will require knowledge of the latest policy and guidance around children’s social care and safeguarding
- A strong understanding of financial and resource management.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, a head for complexity, and know how to improve services.
The role is flexible.
- Balance your life and work with our family friendly policies
- Flexible working patterns that suit you
- Great technology to keep you connected
- Join a truly agile workforce
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
- Up to £6500 relocation package
- £1500 refer a friend scheme
- Your SWE Registration paid for
And we’ll support you.
- 15 days per year professional development
- High quality induction and appraisals
- Investment in reflective group supervision and supportive individual supervision
- Comprehensive training offer, including subscriptions to Community Care Inform (CCI) and Research in Practice (RiP)
- Nationally recognised Trauma informed Practice (TiP) training with Dr Karen Triesman
- Cultural Sensitivity sessions with Dr Prospera Tedam
- Clear and supported career progression
- We ‘grow our own’ here in Sandwell
- Leadership that truly knows the organisation… and cares about you
So, if you think your future could lie in Sandwell, then we’d love to hear from you.
If you would like to discuss this position further, please contact Danielle Lane, Service Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please click the APPLY button.
Closing date for applications: 31st October 2021
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England