Social Workers - Safeguarding & Assessment Team
Things are happening and changing at pace here at Sandwell Children’s Trust. There’s lots going on, we have a great story to tell and we’re eager to make the most of the momentum we’ve achieved.
Covering the 6 towns of Oldbury, Rowley Regis, Smethwick, Tipton, Wednesbury and West Bromwich, we’re smaller than our surrounding neighbours, but big enough to make a difference to the lives of the children, young people and families we support, as well as your career.
Keen to build on the close knit, family feel that our colleagues really embrace, we’re already revising our improvement plan and investing in additional resources to create manageable workloads, with an emphasis on working together in a supportive team environment.
Our vision and purpose are clear, supported by well-defined structures, led by a strong and committed management and leadership team that is connected, listens, cares and acts…now all we need is for you to find your new home in Sandwell.
We’ve created a platform to build an exceptional ‘offer’ to everyone that joins us, something that can grow as we mature, something that we can enhance to meet the changing demands of social care and most importantly…something we can all be proud of and make us feel right at home. This has manifested itself in the ‘12 reasons to work in Sandwell Children’s Trust’. It’s a dynamic strategy, with a flexible framework that enables us to think about the way we recognise, reward and support you. Just visit our website and search under benefits to see the full facts.
Joining one of our Children’s teams as a frontline social worker, you will enjoy a strong sense of personal achievement by working with families using a strength-based model, which are relationship focused and trauma informed, to deliver positive outcomes for our children. But don’t worry, you won’t be on your own, because we’ll ensure you’re fully equipped and have the necessary support network that enables you to flourish and be the best you can be.
We’re passionate about improving the lives and outcomes of children, young people and families through robust multi-agency interventions. In addition to excellent career progression opportunities, with a clear and supported development path, we also offer agile working, with flexible and family friendly policies, that have a work/life balance at their core, plus lots, lots more…as you can see below.
At Sandwell Children’s Trust we are committed to delivering positive changes to the children and families of Sandwell. As we move forward on our continual journey of improvement, there couldn’t be a better time to join us. We are looking to enhance our Safeguarding & Assessment Service with compassionate, dedicated, caring and experienced Social Workers, with at least 2 years post qualifying experience, who are committed to delivering positive changes to the children and families of Sandwell.
The Safeguarding and Assessment Teams manage all new referrals into the Trust. We work a 5-week duty rota and you will join one of our five teams in responding to the needs of children through s47 child protection investigations or through s17 child in need single assessments. Our work is varied and complex and we have an established relationship with our partner agencies to ensure children receive intervention from us that promotes positive change for families. We are a busy service and social work in our teams is challenging and rewarding, you will be part of a supportive service and we will provide the opportunities for you to grow and develop as a social worker.
The role is flexible.
- Balance your life and work with our family friendly policies
- Flexible working patterns that suit you
- Great technology to keep you connected
- Join a truly agile workforce
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
- Up to £6500 relocation package
- £1500 refer a friend scheme
- Your SWE Registration paid for
As a Social Worker working in the Trust you will:-
- Play a pivotal role in developing effective relationships with children and their families to identify their needs and agree plans with families to achieve change.
- Have a good knowledge of minimum standards and be able to achieve our expectation for promoting change in family life.
- Complete single assessments, undertake s47 investigations, use a range of direct work tools to evidence the child’s voice in your assessments and plans,
- You will be Social Work qualified with at least 2 years post qualifying experience.
- Previous experience of working in a children and families setting.
- Have a sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
- Have a good knowledge of child development.
And we’ll support you.
- 15 days per year professional development
- High quality induction and appraisals
- Investment in reflective group supervision and supportive individual supervision
- Comprehensive training offer, including subscriptions to Community Care Inform (CCI) and Research in Practice (RiP)
- Nationally recognised Trauma informed Practice (TiP) training with Dr Karen Triesman
- Cultural Sensitivity sessions with Dr Prospera Tedam
- Clear and supported career progression
- We ‘grow our own’ here in Sandwell
- Leadership that truly knows the organisation… and cares about you
So, if you think your future could lie in Sandwell, then we’d love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: 31st October 2021
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.