Caretaker / Premises Officer
2 days left
Caretaker / Premises Officer to start as soon as possible
School Caretaker/Premises Officer (Permanent position)
Required to start as soon as possible
The Academy Committee of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Academy wish to appoint a School Caretaker (Level 5) for 25 hrs per week to work within our school.
Actual pay: £13,570 - £14,988. You will receive 27 days annual leave, rising to 32 upon completion of five years continuous service. Plus bank holidays.
To be responsible for the maintenance and security of the school premises and site, ensuring a safe environment. No school experience necessary as training will be provided; would suit someone who is a DIY enthusiastic.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Ensure that buildings and the site are secure, including during out of school hours and take remedial
action if required
- Act as the designated key holder for the school premises
- Operate and regularly check systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and security (including alarms)
- Undertake minor repairs (i.e. not requiring qualified craftsperson) and maintenance of the buildings and site
- Arrange emergency repairs
- Arrange regular maintenance and safety checks
- Oversee onsite maintenance contractors, checking that work is completed to required standards and within required timescales
- Monitor stock and order supplies
- Undertake general portage duties, including moving furniture and equipment within the school
- Perform duties in line with health and safety and COSHH regulations and take action where hazards are
identified, report serious hazards to line manager immediately
- Undertake regular health and safety checks of buildings, grounds, fixtures and fittings, (including
compliance with fire safety regulations) and equipment, in line with other schedules.
- Oversee and make decisions on all planned maintenance
- Ensure the operation and maintenance of play equipment (following training)
- Handle small amounts of cash for the purchase of materials to carry out repairs.
- To drive the school minibus as and when requested. Full UK Driving Licence required.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post.
St. John the Evangelist Catholic Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Criminal Records Bureau. To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/
Candidates are welcome to visit the school by prior arrangement.
For further information about this post, or to arrange a school visit, please contact
Mrs H Rigby, Principal or Mr P Turner, Vice Principal.