Job title: Registered Manager
Locations: 1 x Hawthorns Resource Centre
Salary: Grade 11 plus 2 - £44,863 - £46,845
Contract type: Permanent Full time
Working pattern: 37 hours
It is a great time to join our Children’s Residential Service. We have a vacancy currently for a Registered Manager at The Hawthorns, Burton and in this role, you’ll need to register with Ofsted. These homes provide short breaks for children and young people with Learning disabilities age 8-17 years.
As an ‘Outstanding’ provision, short breaks are provided on differing levels from overnight stays at weekends during term time, alongside outreach and day-care packages. A key philosophy of the service is strengthening families, the aim is providing high quality support which enhances young people’s social needs and experiences whilst working in partnership with families and agencies to keep families together through carefully planned provisions.
It’s also good to know that you’ll be part of a collection of homes which are rated either ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’. We know these ratings are down to the pride our teams take in the service they deliver so why not join them and be part of this fantastic team.
We currently have four registered children’s homes, comprising of:
- 2 mainstream homes which are multi-function ‘hubs’ offering edge of care and in care services for adolescents
- 2 homes providing specialist short break provisions for children and young people with disabilities.
- 1 newly appointed 3 bedded home providing medium to long term support for young people age 11-17 years – opening April 2022.
As Registered Manager it will be your job to support the Residential Lead and lead a team of staff, multi-agency professionals, and other support staff. You will be accountable for ensuring overall service delivery with responsibility for ensuring the home meets with the requirements of the Children’s Homes Regulations and Quality Standards.
What you’ll bring
As a minimum we’ll need you to have:
- Proven success as a Children’s Residential Home Manager
- Experience supporting children and young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulty
- Great understanding of Children’s Home Regulations & Framework
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience working with partners across the sector
- Minimum Level 3 Health & Social Care Children & Young People (willing to work towards Level 5 if not yet achieved)
- Willing to be part of an on-call rota
If you are experienced in children’s home management, passionate about supporting improved outcomes for adolescents, and are open and enthusiastic about establishing and implementing innovative practice, then we’d love to hear from you.
Here’s just some of the benefits we have here at Staffordshire:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button. If you do have technical issues please contact email@example.com and the team will help you.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 17 October 2021
Interview date: provisionally 4 and 5 November 2021
How can I find out more?
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07815826973.
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities. As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.