Employment Support Worker
1 day left
Job Title: Employment Support Worker
Salary: £19,784 - £21,843
Part-Time: 33 hours
Salary: £19,784 - £21,843 based on 33 hours per week (to be worked over 4 or 5 days)
An opportunity has arisen within Worcestershire County Council, in conjunction with Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust to recruit an Employment Support Worker to work within Wyre Forest Neighbourhood Community Mental Health Team. The service is county based and the post holder will be based at The Robertson Centre, Kidderminster Hospital, Bewdley Road, Kidderminster, DY11 6RJ. This is to join an existing, well established Employment Services Team which covers the county of Worcestershire and holds accreditation from the Centre of Mental Health as a Centre of Excellence for Individual Placement and Support (IPS).
You will be required to:
• Proactively manage a caseload of people who have experienced mental health problems who are unemployed and economically inactive.
• Work to the principles and within the model of IPS
• Provide employment support for our client group who are furthest away from the job market to move them closer to their employment goals, in the hope that these achievements aid individuals’ recovery and social inclusion goals.
• Work within a multidisciplinary environment with service users with complex needs, supporting them to move into employment and sustain this to aid recovery, in conjunction with key stakeholders.
• Supporting clients once gained employment, and/or aiding those who are employed and experiencing difficulties within the work place retain employment
• Liaise closely with DWP providers.
• Work proactively at employer engagement including educational, work trials and pre-vocational training opportunities and supporting employers on reasonable adjustments and retention of employees where necessary.
You will have experience in the field of employment support and/or with clients experiencing mental ill health.
You be capable of working independently and have the ability to take initiative, including making direct approaches to employers. An overview of the role can be viewed at:
Personal experience of recovery from mental ill health is seen as an additional advantage in applying for this post although not essential.
For further details or an informal discussion contact: Carrie Cooling email@example.com or 0755 338 3331, or, Paul Wilcox firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07553 376 653
In return, you can look forward to:
• 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays (Pro Rata for Part-time)
• Commitment to ongoing professional development and training.
We are inclusive – this is really important to us and we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer.
Disability Confident is helping us recruit and retain great people to meet our workforce needs.
If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please let us know.
Please find the Job Description and Person Specification attached.
Please write your submission with consideration for the essential and desirable criteria on the Person Specification. This should include examples why you should be considered; the experience, skills and knowledge that you would bring to the post.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 17th October 2021,
Anticipated Interview Date: Friday 5th November 2021,