Classroom Assistant (Holden Lane Primary School)
32.5 hours per week, term time only (8.45am to 3.45pm)
The Governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational, creative, enthusiastic, highly skilled and well-motivated Classroom Assistant to join our hardworking and committed team, (temporary until 31st August 2022 in the first instance).
- Support the teacher in the planning and delivery of learning activities.
- Help pupils to develop literacy and numeracy skills
- Contribute to the creating of an attractive/stimulating, safe/secure class/school environment through display and classroom organisation.
- Help with the maintenance of classroom records.
- Support the teacher in the evaluation of the learning activities.
- Help with the care and support of pupils individually and in groups.
- Maintain a safe environment for children, other staff and visitors so far as it is possible.
- Be aware of, and maintain, specific school policies, which relate to pupils in the classroom, i.e.; behaviour, equal opportunities and marking where applicable.
- Supervise pupils at lunchtime in the dining room and playground, and to engage pupil in stimulating activities.
- Committed to working as part of a team and willing to contribute to the wider life of the school.
- Build positive relationships with children, parents, staff and visitors alike.
In return we can offer:
- A whole school community committed to high standards and continual school improvement.
- Happy, enthusiastic children who enjoy school.
- A dedicated, friendly and supportive staff.
- Excellent CPD opportunities.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. Application packs are available by emailing email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 15th October 2021
Holden Lane Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates are vetted thoroughly and appointments are subject to identity checks, DBS clearance and the production of satisfactory references. Candidates will be asked about their commitment to safeguarding children at interview.