Library Customer Services Assistant
Hours: Various Part Time Hours Available
12 month fixed term contract
Libraries have continued to serve our communities during lockdown and as we now emerge into a post COVID world, we are reopening more libraries across the borough for grab and go services, in addition to our existing click and collect options. Solihull Libraries are adapting to continually meet the changing needs of our customers, now serving as multi-media information hubs for the whole community.
We are looking to recruit part time Library Customer Service Assistants to join our libraries across Solihull, who will be at the forefront of delivering and promoting our services to customers of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
Delivering a customer focused, front line library, information and ICT Service, you will be involved in dealing with enquiries, assisting customers with using digital technology and delivering library based activities.
- 17.25 hours per week - Chelmsley Wood Library
- 22 hours per week – Balsall Common / Hampton and Meriden Libraries
- 19.75 hours per week – Balsall Common / Hampton and Meriden Libraries
Although this post is at based at a designated library, you will be required to work at other Solihull Libraries across the borough.
Please specify in your application, which of the above posts you would like to be considered for or select all.
To be successful in the role you will have face-to-face customer service experience and be able to:
- demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of the role that libraries play in the community;
- work effectively in a team environment;
- use your initiative to respond to customer enquiries;
- demonstrate experience and confidence in using Information and digital technology;
- provide excellent customer service and deliver activities to a range of customers including children and young people;
- Work Saturdays 09:30am – 1:00pm and have a flexible approach to working hours and location.
In return we offer you a varied and interesting role with working hours which may support you in achieving a positive work life balance. Working for Solihull also offers you a generous annual leave entitlement, staff discounts and a career average pension scheme.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Amanda Jones, Neighbourhood Library Manager, on 01676 532590.
Interview Date: w.c 25th October 2021 and w.c 1st November 2021
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS Enhanced Children .
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification