Customer Service Advisor
Full or Part Time Available
Are you performance driven and looking for a varied customer facing role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic, passionate and customer focused individuals to join our Solihull Connect Contact Services Front Line Team based in Chelmsley Wood, Solihull and Shirley.
The Solihull Connect Service is the at the heart of our organisation. Our teams perform a key role in enabling Solihull Council to deliver on its promise to improve lives by delivering great services to residents across the Solihull borough.
People are at the heart of everything we do and your role as a Customer Service Advisor will be to ensure that every individual you interact with either on the phones, face to face, or through a variety of different access channels enjoys a great customer experience.
We have full time and part time vacancies at our Connect Front Line Service.
As Customer Service Advisor you will:
- Answer customer enquiries (via phone or face to face) in a timely, courteous and professional manner, ensuring that customer needs are clearly understood and resolved and/or escalated as appropriate
- Provide advice and guidance as necessary within the relevant service area such as Council Tax. Benefits, Social Services, Registrars, Environmental (training will be provided)
- Keeping accurate and up to date records of customer queries
- To deal all cash & card payments in accordance with the SMBC financial regulations
To be successful in the role you will:
- Be a strong customer focused team player.
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to work successfully in a process driven and often pressurised target driven environment.
In return, you will play a key role in improving services for Solihull residents.
We also offer:
- Generous annual leave entitlements with opportunity to buy up to 10-days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Family and carer friendly policies
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including staff discounts, subsidised travel passes and Cycle 2 Work Scheme.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Clare Naylor, Team Manager, on 0121 704 6986.
Interview Date: w/c 8 November 2021
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification