Teacher of Drama/Performing Arts
The Ladder School is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join our team.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. This post is 3.5 hours per week over 2 afternoons (Thursday and Friday). Additional hours could be available for an exceptional candidate.
The Ladder School is an academy that is part of The Mercian Trust. The Ladder School is a Free School set up by the trust to offer effective alternative provision for the young people of Walsall. Our brand new bespoke building is due to open in May 2022, this is a very exciting time to join us!
Based on the edge of Walsall town centre there are excellent links to the local and wider community. The Ladder School will operate under a commissioning model, where local mainstream schools will identify students at risk of permanent exclusion and will move them to The Ladder School, to transform their behaviour and enable them to be successful in their future. These students have struggled in mainstream education environments and benefit significantly from the smaller class sizes and additional support on offer at The Ladder School.
The successful applicant will have an ability to teach Drama/Performing Arts up to GCSE level and have the ability to inspire and challenge students’ attitude towards learning, through their passion and knowledge of the subject. Only applications from those with Qualified Teacher Status will be considered for this post. A knowledge of BTEC Level 1/ 2 Tech Award would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent teacher with an ability to motivate pupils to make progress
- Interested in the pastoral aspects of education.
- Outstanding in managing challenging behaviours.
- Positive in outlook and believe in the power of education to change the path of Alternative Provision students’ lives.
- A team player prepared to work with colleagues and share ideas and resources.
- Passionate as a teacher and keen to inspire their classes and students.
- Have a thorough understanding of current developments and issues in the teaching of the subject and wider profession.
- Committed to their own continuing professional development and contribute towards that of others.
- Innovative and committed to develop solutions to raising achievements.
- Knowledgeable of how assessment for learning, target setting, and department improvement planning can raise achievement.
- Committed to equal opportunities and the safeguarding of children.
- Hardworking, committed, reliable and enthusiastic.
All applicants interested in this post must complete an application form. These can be found on our website, TES,WM Jobs or the Government Portal and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org. CV’s and non- Mercian Trust Application Forms will not be accepted.
Flexible working or part time working might be available for an exceptional candidate.
The Ladder School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A copy of the ‘Safeguarding Policy’ is available to view or download by logging onto the School website: www.theladderschool.org.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check (formerly CRB) under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from the school or by visiting www.crb.gov.uk.
Closing date for applications: Friday 8 October 2021 at 9.00am
Interviews: Thursday 21 October 2021