Social Care Worker
Post: SOCIAL CARE WORKER
Hours: 37 Hours per week
Salary: Grade 5 LPP 12 -16 - (£23,541 – 27,041)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit a Social Care Worker who will support professionally qualified Social Work staff in a busy locality team. Wolverhampton is a culturally diverse area and the team cover the West area of the City. Wolverhampton Adult Social Care has implemented Three Conversations methodology - the successful applicant will complete conversations for customers with social care needs. The post is varied and the successful applicant should be willing to embrace new challenges.
- The job involves direct contact and working with individuals, carers, families, groups and communities, health, police, voluntary partners, commissioners, service providers
- To work collaboratively with colleagues within the social work teams and alongside agencies, providers, health, colleagues in order to promote the best outcomes for vulnerable Adults both with Learning and Physical Disabilities
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience of working with older people, people with physical disabilities, people with learning disabilities and their carers.
- has a good understanding of eligibility and outcomes under The Care Act.
- has a good understanding of mental capacity and decision making.
- has a flexible approach
- is committed to person centred practice
- Is committed to reablement and the use of universal services
- has good written and IT skills, as a large part of the role involves written work.
- can assist Social Workers on duty
In return we will offer you:-
- Regular supervision
- daily support from your colleagues.
- The opportunity of working in a supportive and innovative team.
- An opportunity to be creative and flexible in your work
- Agile working
- opportunity to enhance your practice
If you are interested in knowing more about the post, please contact Balbir Hira or Kamla Leal – 01902 556083/01902 556084 for an informal discussion.
All applicants should note that this post will require an enhanced DBS check.
Job Description and Personal Specification