Food Technician (St Edward's Church of England Academy)
Part Time – 6 Hours Per Week (Wednesday only) / Term Time Only
Salary Range: Grade 3 (SCP 3-4) £18,562 - £18,933 Pro Rata
Actual Salary: £2,604- £2,652
The Trustees at St Edward’s Academy are seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Food Technician. School or catering experience is desirable but not essential; we want someone who is self-motivated, organised, flexible and committed to improving the outcomes for all pupils.
St Edward’s is a caring community where both pupils and staff are valued for the contribution that they can make to learning and where pupils are placed at the very heart of the learning process.
The successful candidate will support teaching and learning by:
• Assisting with demonstrations and practical lessons
• Preparing and clearing away equipment and ingredients
• Ensuring health and safety compliance including clean down activities
• Monitoring stock and supplies
• Maintaining a safe and hygienic working environment and keeping work areas and
equipment clean and tidy
• Hold or be willing to undertake a Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene Certificate
In order to support our timetable, the post is for 6 hours every Wednesday, term time only.
St Edward’s Church of England Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
If you would like an application pack, please call Mrs Bridget Lowe on 01538 714740 or via email on email@example.com
Closing date for applications (by 4:00pm) 15th October 2021 – References will be requested at this stage
Interviews – w/c 18th October 2021