Assessment and Enablement Officer
Job Title : Assessment & Enablement Officer
Our Reference :
Employment Term : Permanent
Location : Hereford - South
Hours : 37 hours
Salary : HC06 £21,748 - £25,481
Closing date : 17th October 2021
Interviews : 28th October 2021
Herefordshire Adults & Communities are developing adult social care services in keeping with the responsibilities under the Care Act April 2014. We are looking for full-time enthusiastic Assessment & Enablement officers to join us in providing quality services for vulnerable adults in Hereford.
You will be expected to have experience of working with adults with a range of physical disabilities, learning disabilities, mental health needs, hospital discharges & community services and have good communication and organisational skills. Experience of assessment skills would be an advantage. You will receive regular supervision and work in a supportive environment with other social care staff. Herefordshire is a rural county and the ability to travel is essential to the post.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• 25 days annual leave per year rising to 30 after 5 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays and 2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
• Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Provide access to a high quality programme of evidence-based learning and development to enhance skills and practice.
• Regular 1:1’s and development opportunities
• Provide the use of pool cars and bikes (terms and conditions apply)
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts. We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post:
• Those who indicate they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the ‘Disability Confident’ scheme.
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care
Opportunities exist in the South Team which covers Ross, Ledbury, Bromyard and Golden Valley.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role. To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
If you would like to discuss this job in more detail please contact Kathryn Pell on 260270.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to social distancing and infection controls currently in place we will contact you to discuss interview arrangements. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: firstname.lastname@example.org