Intelligence & Analysis Assistant
Role: Intelligence & Analysis Assistant
Location: 1 Staffordshire Place, Stafford
Salary band: Grade 6 - £20,903 - £23,541
Working pattern: Full time | Part time | Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options
Contract types available: 1 x Permanent & 1 x 12 months fixed term
If you’re excited by how data and intelligence can be used to improve outcomes for children and families, this could be the role for you!
The Intelligence Team is crucial to the work we do in Families & Communities. As a team we take huge data sets across different systems and through working with this data, using the best data tools, we identify trends and insights which help our social care teams and colleagues to provide the best support for the children and families in Staffordshire. We also have a statutory responsibility as a local authority to report on our activities and so a lot of what we do is required to meet our obligations.
As a team we’re a friendly bunch and we pride ourselves on the support we give each other because we know in turn, that makes the whole team successful!
Our roles are about really getting to grips with our data around children’s services and really understanding some of the complexity behind that data.
Also, in this role you’ll be:
- Answering requests for data and information as and when needed
- Undertaking basic data analysis using Power BI and Excel
- Supporting our Analysts with regular planned research and performance reporting
- Responding to Freedom of Information requests
You’ll also work with our managers and practitioners to help them understand our new Power BI dashboards – providing email or telephone support by deciding how urgent the need is and then assisting to fix any problems.
What do we need from you?
For this role you’ll need to good organisational skills and experience of using MS office applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook. Importantly you’ll also have:
- A relevant qualification at level 2 or above or if you don’t have a qualification relevant experience in a similar role is fine
- Experience working with data and statistical information doing basic analysis
These roles are a great development opportunity to become established in data and intelligence so if you’re thinking of applying but just need a bit more information please get in touch with the recruiting manager firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com we’d love to hear from you!
Our offer to you
In return – we’ll offer you good exposure to different service areas with different needs. No one day is ever the same, so it’ll be a great chance to really develop your career in data and intelligence. You’ll also have access to large datasets and complex databases that cover all children and families in Staffordshire, and you’ll receive on-the job practical experience using Power BI.
And on top of that here’s a reminder of just some of the benefits we have here at Staffordshire:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service. That’s a minimum of 34 days leave per year
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button.
If you do have any technical issues whilst trying to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will help you.
Closing Date: Sunday 17 October 2021
Interview date: ASAP following closing date
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities. As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.