4 days left
TWO RIVERS PRIMARY SCHOOL
Endeavour Multi Academy Trust is looking to recruit a full time Permanent ICT Technician to assist with the maintenance of the ICT Network and equipment. The role will support the schools by delivering technical support to all users in the schools, and assist in both maintenance of existing equipment and installation of new hardware and software across the network. The role will also involve supporting and providing the application and development of IT technology within an educational environment. There will be elements of joint working with other technicians across the schools.
The post will involve working across various schools in the MAT (Two Rivers Primary (Tamworth), Cherry Trees School (Wombourne) and Two Rivers High School (Tamworth).
Required to start as soon as possible
37hrs/week, Monday – Friday, whole year
Grade 6 (point 9 - 15)
Salary range (fte): £20,903 – £23,541pa
NVQ3 or equivalent qualification/experience in relevant discipline
ICT Degree desirable
We are looking for someone who:
• Has high standards and expectations of themselves
• Has excellent interpersonal skills
We can offer:
• A warm, stimulating and supportive environment
• Continuing Professional Development,
• A highly professional team who would welcome you on board
ICT Technician Job Description
This role is to support and develop the school’s ICT. Computers and other technologies are used in all classrooms by both staff and children.
The key responsibilities of this role are therefore to manage the servers and network and ensure that all computers and software are fit for purpose and that staff are trained in their use.
Key duties ICT developments
· To work alongside the ICT Co-ordinator to develop the ICT strategy for the school.
· To support and implement any ICT related projects to modernise and develop ICT.
Desktop Technical Support
· To ensure that all the computers, laptops, printers, interactive whiteboards, audio and other ICT hardware are working to their maximum potential; ensuring that all problems are fixed quickly and efficiently.
· To provide front line technical support to all staff and children for all computer related problems.
· To provide advice and support, alongside the ICT Co-ordinator, to teachers and support staff on how ICT can support the curriculum.
· To keep up to date with ICT future developments and advise on future projects.
· To manage the network ensuring that all mobile devices are fit for purpose.
· To maintain all aspects of the network.
· To maintain Active Directory ensuring that all users have their user names and passwords.
· Provide ICT training alongside the ICT Co-ordinator to all staff as and when required.
· To ensure that all computers are complete with the schools software suite.
· To maintain a database of all software licences; ensuring that all software is licensed.
· To maintain the equipment register for all ICT equipment.
· To maintain an accurate register of all internet and photo permission forms.
· Planning ICT Hardware refresh to ensure that all computer hardware is kept up to date and meets ICT needs.
· To be the administrator of all domain users and e-mail accounts.
· To be committed to the safeguarding of all children, including undertaking a DBS check.
· To support the ethos of the school.
· To adhere to the schools confidentiality and other policies.
· To undertake any other ICT/information responsibilities as required.
· To support in any other duties as may be reasonably required to reflect the changing needs and circumstances of the school.
Closing date: 22.10.21(midday)
Interview date: Week Commencing 1.11.21
Visits to the schools are welcome, to arrange a visit please contact Executive Head Teacher Mrs Laura Slinn on 01827 426123.
To apply for this post, please download the application form below in the ‘Available Documents’ Section. All completed applications should be returned directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Address: Two Rivers Primary School, Quince, Amington, Tamworth, B77 4EN
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.