Customer Experience Specialist
Transport for West Midlands, the transport arm of the West Midlands Combined Authority, is looking for an eminently capable Customer Experience Specialist to join its team in delivering a smart, friendly, visible, customer-centric service to all bus operators and bus station users at various bus stations across the West Midlands including Coventry, Walsall and West Bromwich.As a Customer Experience Specialist, you’re highly skilled at uncovering our customers’ needs and delivering the best journey solutions for them. You deliver an exceptional customer experience by being knowledgeable, friendly and approachable. There are 2 full time permanent positions available.
What will you be doing?
- Working independently in delivering an outstanding experience for customers by proactively delivering ticketing, travel and journey solutions
- Taking full ownership in helping customers and taking ownership to actively resolve complaints and following through on issues
- Driving the use and uptake of digital solutions by coaching customers on using digital services to support ticketing options and onward journey planning
- Work closely with operational colleagues to report and monitor incidents of anti - social behaviour, unsatisfactory state of facilities/assets or unsafe actions of bus drivers, contractors or customers
- Experience of delivering exceptional service in a busy customer service environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure handling high customer demand and difficult issues positively
- Experience of handling and accounting for cash
- Working flexibly within a roster to be fully flexible to work across the West Midlands
- Full UK Driving License is desirable for this position
- Saturday working and some Bank Holidays. There may be a requirement to work outside normal hours on occasions to meet customer demand, work deadlines, attend meetings etc.
About the team
Our Bus Stations and Travel Centre team manages and operates 12 Bus Stations and Interchanges across the West Midlands region, including the Travel Centre in Wolverhampton Bus Station. We work across these facilities providing customer service and travel advice to millions of customers using these vital transport facilities every year. We also provide infrastructure management by working collaboratively with all stakeholders to deliver the best possible services for our customers.
Our role in the West Midlands has never been more important and in these extraordinary times we’ve shown we can step forward, speak up for our region and bring people together. Everything we do is focused on making life better for people in the West Midlands – that’s our reason for being here and it drives every move we make.
We fully believe that we are only as great as the people who work for us and are committed to providing a positive, healthy and inclusive working environment where our people feel valued and respected. We are a “Leaders in Diversity” accredited organisation, are in the Inclusive Top 50 Employers List and are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women.
We’re ambitious, forward thinking and determined to find better ways of working, always leading the way in what we do. We trust and support each other to get the job done, and encourage creativity, originality and curiosity from those who work with us. We’re committed to creating an accessible and diverse workplace, one that nurtures an inclusive environment where our people can be themselves.
If your values align with ours and you’re committed to working towards creating a future we can all be proud of, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to developing an organisation that is representative of the diverse communities that we serve and welcome applications from all sections of the community. The following groups are currently underrepresented: young people, Black, Asian and ethnic minority groups and women at senior levels.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for applicants who meet the essential job role criteria. We will make reasonable adjustments, in line with the Equality Act, for disabled applicants if these are needed. Wherever possible we will offer flexible working options which assist work-life balance.
We’re dedicated to providing a broad range of rewards and benefits and constantly benchmark our benefits packages to ensure they are attractive for all our people. As well as a competitive salary, employees also receive 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and access to a great pension scheme.
Role Profile - Customer Experience Specialist (Interchanges) (1).pdf