Inclusion Support Assistant - Endon Hall Primary & Nursery School
1 day left
Vacancy – Inclusion Support Assistant (Temporary), 30 Hours Per Week, Term Time
The Governors and Headteacher at Endon Hall Primary & Nursery School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Inclusion Support Assistant, with high expectations and a commitment to ensuring every child achieves their full potential. The successful candidate should have passion, dedication and be innovative to make a difference and ‘go the extra mile’ for our children.
The above opportunity has arisen, to commence as soon as possible. The full time, temporary, term time only post involves supporting the class teacher in and beyond whole class lessons, and may involve working with small groups and leading interventions. The successful candidate may also be required to cover PPA and/or cover in the short term as required, by mutual agreement.
The children at Endon Hall Primary & Nursery School are eager to learn, hardworking and deserve practitioners with excellent knowledge and an unwavering commitment to good quality, inclusive classroom practice. We are a popular school and have an excellent staff team.
To qualify for the post, you will need to have the following skills/experience:
- All relevant qualifications (as stated in the person specification)
- An excellent understanding of how children learn and the use of assessment to move learning forward
- The ability to raise standards in teaching and learning
- Confidence in supporting children with different abilities
- The ability to provide feedback to children and teachers, in relation to progress and achievement
- Proven ability to work closely with parents/carers, colleagues and other professionals
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all school staff to create opportunities for our children, promote enrichment and develop life skills
- Experience of working with Key Stage 2 children would be desirable but is not essential
- Willingness to undertake project work and offer experiences/opportunities beyond the curriculum offer are also desirable but not essential
This is an ideal opportunity to work in a community school where standards and expectations are high. In return, Endon Hall Primary & Nursery School can offer a supportive and nurturing environment with excellent professional development opportunities.
Please ensure you state your experience, strengths and skills within your letter of application (no more than 2 sides of A4, font size 12). Your letter of application should be completed and submitted along with a completed Recruitment Monitoring Form and Application Form.
Visits to the school are highly encouraged. Please contact the school to book onto a tour.
The following tour dates/times are available (subject to Covid-19 measures):
- Wednesday 6th October at 2.00pm
- Friday 8th October at 11.45am
- Wednesday 13th October at 4.00pm
- Monday 18th October at 10.15am
Closing date: Thursday 21st October at midday
Interviews: TBC (following October half term)
Salary: Grade 4 (£19,312 to £19,698 pro-rata)
Fully completed application form and additional documentation (specified above) to be submitted by email to email@example.com or by post to Mrs M Martin, Endon Hall Primary School, Hillside Avenue, Endon, Staffordshire.ST9 9HH
Endon Hall Primary & Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safeguarding checks will be undertaken.
This position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application.
Please note, it is an offence to apply for this role if you, as the applicant, is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
Applicants will be expected to sign a declaration confirming the information they have provided is true and, where an electronic signature is submitted, the shortlisted candidates will be requested to physically sign a hard copy of the application at point of interview.