School Administrator – King George V Primary
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team at King George V as School Administrator.
Governors are seeking the right candidate who demonstrates excellence in professionalism, teamwork and efficiency, and produces work of a consistently high standard.
You will be required to provide administrative assistance to the Head Teacher/Office Manager at the school.
Main responsibilities and duties:
• Receive and update school registers and all absences
• Undertake schools first day calling system for absences
• Liaise with Education Welfare Officer about all aspects of attendance
• Liaise on Head Teacher’s behalf with outside agencies
• Manage the range of reprographic processes available
• Manage the use of photocopier, order associated items, liaise with provider to ensure it is fully maintained and operational and provide quarterly usage for billing purposes
• Reproduce documents to a very high standard including booklet making
• Telephone, reception and post duties
• Manage receipt and accounting for school dinner money and milk money in accordance with financial regulations, including the production and maintenance of relevant registers, preparations of weekly summaries and liaising with parents for new applications, expiry dates/renewals, and debts
• Manage receipt of monies in association with school enrichment activities not financed from public funds and maintain appropriate records
• Manage sale of school uniform, reading bags, water bottles and tuck and accounting for the transactions
• Operate the computerised School Information Management System (SIMS)
• Complete weekly electronic pupil migration reports to assist with tracking pupils under ECM
• Complete CTF’s using MOVE it (internal) and S2S (DCSF External)
• Update pupil pastoral information on the schools Information Management System
• Assist with collation and collection of information for school census
Prior experience preferred. Previous applicants need not apply.
Please contact our Office Manager, Mrs Susan Woodhall, on 0121 553 0060 for more information. An application pack can be collected from school or apply using the online forms on WM Jobs. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing Date: Monday 1st November 2021 at 9.00am
Shortlisting: Monday 1st November 2021
Interviews: Friday 5th November 2021
37 hours per week, term time plus 4 additional days, Fixed term until 31 August 2022 due to funding
Band C, SCP 5-8 £19,312-£20,493 pro rata (£10.01-£10.62 per hour) (actual £17,083-£18,128 per annum)
King George V Primary School, Beeches Road, West Bromwich, West Midlands, B70 6JA
Monday 1 November 2021 at 9.00am