1 day left
£18,562 - £20,493 pro rata
Hours per week: 8.45 hours per week, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Selly Park Girls' School
Selly Park Road
Telephone Number: 0121 472 1238
Job Start Date: 01/12/2021
Selly Park Girls’ School is looking to appoint a Lunchtime Supervisor to join our dedicated, enthusiastic, hard-working and supportive team.
We are seeking to appoint someone who can:
• organise dinner queues and entrance of pupils into dining hall and from dining hall to playground; ensuring good behaviour and calm atmosphere
• deal with any behaviour issues that may occur by intervention or calling for assistance
• supervise school site during lunch break to ensure children do not leave the playground without permission/authorisation
• direct pupils to the playground and supervision of their activities and behaviour, ensuring their safety and well-being, providing emotional support where necessary
• supervise and control of pupils inside school premises when they are not allowed outside in inclement weather
• check toilet areas regularly for signs of, blockage of toilets/wash basins and to ensure pupils are not loitering or playing in toilet areas, reporting any damage or blockages to Caretaking staff
• ensure that any pupils who suffer accident or injury are dealt with appropriately in accordance with the School’s first aid procedures
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: Monday 18 October 2021, 12 midday
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
BCC is a Living Wage employer