Cleaner – ref TV39621
Archdiocese of Birmingham
Walsall Metropolitan Borough Council
St. Francis Catholic Primary School
Mill Road, Shelfield, Walsall, WS4 1RH
Headteacher: Miss D. Richards
Tel: 01922 682583
Cleaner – ref TV39621
Temp Contract until February 2022 (may be extended for the right candidate)
Approx. 12.5 hrs per week
Salary, £17842.00 pro rata: (actual salary £5,129.74-£5,264.74 per annum)
(Please note this salary is based on a full year fixed term post, as such your actual salary is dependent on your start date and will need to be recalculated once all clearances are in place and a start date has been agreed.)
The Governors are seeking to appoint a hardworking, reliable, flexible and enthusiastic cleaner, who is committed to upholding and promoting the Catholic ethos in our successful school. The successful candidate will support our school in providing a clean, tidy, hygienic, safe and well maintained, learning environment.
St. Francis is a one form entry Catholic school which includes a part-time Nursery. The school is situated in Shelfield - a suburb of Walsall, approximately two miles from Aldridge.
We have the capacity to teach 210 children of primary school age and 26 children of Nursery age. The foundation of all we do is based upon Christ at the centre and His Gospel values of love, peace and justice; we have a very strong Catholic ethos where our mission is to show,
‘I am a sign of God’s Love.’
We are looking for a Cleaner who:
- You do not need to be a Catholic to work at St Francis Catholic Primary school however, a willingness to embrace the ethos of the school is expected.
- You will be answerable to the Site Manager.
- Previous experience of cleaning, safe use of chemicals and using cleaning machinery would be desirable but isn’t essential as full training will be given.
- You will ensure a high standard of cleanliness throughout the school and that security is maintained at all times to support and safeguard the welfare of all persons using the school premises.
- The successful candidate will need to be fit and able to cope with the physical demands of the job. Possess good individual and team skills and be ready to deal with a variety of situations and challenges.
- Our cleaning operative will need to be flexible at all times and will be required to work as and when the school requires a deeper clean during school shutdown periods.
- There will be a requirement to undertake training appropriate to the post.
- You will be expected to follow all operating procedures ensuring health and safety are maintained.
- You will be professional in your approach to all aspects of the role, organised and a team player.
- Please note annual leave must be taken during school holidays.
We can offer you:
- An inclusive ethos routed in Gospel values;
- A welcoming, friendly school with a commitment to your continuing professional development;
- A happy, hardworking and supportive staff team;
- A very supporting Governing body.
How to apply:
Please register your letter of interest with the Head Teacher, Miss D. Richards by Friday 15th October 2021, interviews will be held week beginning Monday 18th October 2021.
St. Francis is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicants.
Successful applicant(s) will need to provide evidence of their Identity and Right to work in the UK.