Building Control Surveyor
South Worcester Building Control is hosted by Malvern Hills District Council. Malvern Hills District Council is a small, progressive local authority, situated in one of the Country's most attractive areas, offering excellent conditions of service and a high quality of life.
Our staff are at the heart of what we do and this is why we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That is why, as well as a satisfying job, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as flexible working arrangements, generous holiday entitlements, a pension scheme, plenty of opportunities for personal development and discounted gym membership.
Building Control Surveyor
Unqualified - £30,451 - £33,782
Qualified - £33,782 - £37,890
(depending on qualifications and experience)
South Worcester Building Control Partnership brings together the Building Control services of Malvern Hills District Council, Worcester City Council and Wychavon District Council into one Partnership, sharing resources and expertise to provide a modern, flexible and customer focused local authority Building Control Service.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Building Control Surveyor to join a professional team with the reputation for delivering a high quality service across South Worcestershire.
You will be capable of dealing with the full range of Building Control duties including plan vetting, site inspections and dangerous structures, as well as providing professional advice to architects, agents, developers and elected members and members of the public, on all aspects of Building Control.
If you are self-motivated, customer focused and committed to the provision of high quality Building Control services and would like to unlock your full potential, you can do no better than come to the South Worcestershire Building Control Partnership.
In addition to your salary, we offer:
- Casual car user allowance
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Ability to travel throughout the District to rural areas where Public Transport may be limited.
- Ability to undertake site visits which may involve activities such as climbing ladders/operating in confined spaces.
- Totally committed to customer care.
- Full range of experience in the construction industry.
- Experience and demonstrable knowledge of building legislation and other linked legislation.
- Building Control experience which includes plan checking, site inspections, dangerous structures and demolition.
- Experience/knowledge of Building Control systems and procedures.
- Team worker with ability to work on own initiative.
- Computer literate and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Well organised and ability to handle a variety of tasks at any time.
- Ability to positively respond to change and seek new and improved ways of working.
Location: Although the main base is Great Malvern, the successful applicant may be expected to operate on an agile basis and from an office in Pershore and/or Worcester depending on the operational needs of the shared service. Further information will be given at the interview.
If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Neil Miles on 01684 862223.
Closing Date: 31 October 2021
Interview Date: 12 November 2021
(The interview will be held using ZOOM video conferencing)