Level 2 Teaching Assistant
We are a happy, caring, inclusive school and are committed to providing the best for the children in our care. As we adhere to robust safeguarding procedures, the post will be dependent upon enhanced disclosure and barring clearance, and at least two suitable written references. Please note: references will normally be sought prior to interview.
Temporary Fixed Term to support a child with an EHCP 1:1
Hours: 32 per week, term time only
Salary: Grade 3
Location: Withymoor Primary School, Gayfield Avenue, Brierley Hill, DY5 2BH
Withymoor Primary School is looking to appoint a SEND Teaching Assistant to support one of our pupils on a 1:1 basis in KS1.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Teaching Assistant who can demonstrate:
- Knowledge of inclusion and SEND – Specifically ASD, Communication difficulties and Sensory needs and ADHD
- To have a nurturing approach and at least 2 years’ experience of supporting children with complex needs/challenging behaviour in a mainstream school setting, preferably in KS1
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative thinking, passion, commitment and the determination to secure the best possible outcomes for every child
- Energy, positivity and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Willingness to go the extra mile to make great things happen for our children
- The ability to maintain a calm and constructive approach when dealing with challenging situations
- Understanding and experience of using effective behaviour strategies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to be resilient and establish effective relationships with children, staff and parents/carers
Closing date: 1st November 2021
NB. We reserve the right to close vacancies before the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received
In compliance with Dudley’s policy on obtaining employment references, applicants must use their current or most recent employer as a reference and provide another reference from a previous employer or college. Character references and testimonials are not acceptable. References must cover the complete 3 year period prior to application and additional referees must be provided if necessary to achieve this. Failure to provide suitable references may result in an application being withdrawn. DBS checks are undertaken and qualification certificates are required.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy. If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the HR Resourcing Team on 01384 811300 (option 1) or via e-mail to: HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk. Online facilities to apply for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
For further information please contact: Miss T Robins, School Business Manager on 01384 818530 or via email at: email@example.com
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/
Job Desc & Person Spec