Inclusion Support Manager
2 days left
TA4 Points 19 to 22
32 hours per week
Required as soon as possible
Catshill Middle School is looking to appoint an Inclusion Support Manager who seeks to make a real difference to the learning experience of children with additional needs in our vibrant and busy setting.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be a good role model for students.
- Develop a relationship with students which is: professional, firm, fair and caring.
- Implement the Catshill Middle School behaviour policy and deal with student behaviour issues.
- Be the point of contact and liaison between families and other student/children's agencies, such as social services or child health as required.
- Be friendly, helpful and welcoming to parents/guardians/carers and others visiting or making contact with the school.
This post is aimed at working in a small team to positively support our most high profile vulnerable students. Your role will be to provide a safe and calm environment where students can de-escalate and we can then re-engage them in the business of learning. This may involve supporting them in lessons or creatively differentiating their work to be completed in a more bespoke environment. It will also involve the delivery of our behaviour programme and the facilitation of some lessons within our pupil support room.
You will liaise with: teaching staff, pastoral leaders, SENDCO, DSL and parents in order to plan for, track and monitor the key identified students. You will be part of a team which analyses the behaviours and tries to meet the needs of our students in order to work with them effectively. We are the team who bridge that gap between pastoral and academic and we pride ourselves on helping students to value themselves and their work.
We are seeking someone who has experience of working with young people. Someone who understands the pressures that today’s young people are under and who is incredibly vigilant at noticing potential safeguarding issues.
You will need a positive outlook and a high level of personal resilience. However, you will be fully supported within an incredible welfare team who always want the best for our students. First Aid and Positive Physical Intervention training will be provided.
We can offer you:
• an opportunity to have a very fulfilling and rewarding job
• the chance to transform lives and make a vital contribution to the development of young people
• a school where ‘doing the right things’ is always the aim
• a hardworking and supportive staff team
• a welcoming, active and supportive Governing Body
• a highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
• excellent opportunities for professional and career development
• a very well organised school including well established school systems and practices
The successful candidate will have a “Can Do” attitude with a proven track record of improvement and will be committed to building on our success by providing support and challenge to secure even greater outcomes for staff and pupils. In return we can offer you an opportunity to join a school that is striving to move from ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’ in every measure and that cares for both staff and pupils.
Applicants should possess NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
Catshill Middle School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and all members of staff are expected to share and promote this commitment. A DBS Enhanced Disclosure is required for this post.
If you feel you can make a difference, and would like to join us, then please contact Mrs Kate Sabin, School Business Manager for the Catshill Federation by telephone 01527 872431 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and an application form. Details can also be found on our website www.catshill-middle.worcs.sch.uk
Closing date: Midday - 18th October 2021