KS2 Maths Lead and Class Teacher
2 days left
KS2 Maths Lead and Class Teacher
MPR/UPR + TLR 2 (£2,721)
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Holy Trinity CE Primary Academy
Lozells And East Handsworth
Telephone Number: 0121 464 9900
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: 1 January 2022
Holy Trinity CE Primary Academy is a small friendly school situated in a quiet area of Handsworth. In January 2019 we joined BDMAT (Birmingham Diocesan Multi Academy Trust). We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Maths Leader. In this role you will be a class teacher and also be the Maths lead for the whole school, ensuring high quality teaching and learning and excellent levels of pupil progress in Maths.
We are looking for someone who:
• is an excellent teacher
• has the ability to lead by example and inspire and motivate staff, parents and children
• has an excellent understanding of the Maths curriculum
• has led a whole school subject area
• shows leadership support for the whole staff team
• exhibits responsibility for leading on the progress, monitoring and assessment of pupils in Maths
• has the ability to ensure that standards continue to improve
• has an excellent knowledge of the 2014 curriculum and is able to contribute to the strategic development of the school
• is able to demonstrate management, interpersonal and organisational skills as a member of the Middle Management Team (MMT);
• has the ability to work within and lead a team with a sense of humour
We will offer:
• friendly, enthusiastic and hardworking pupils
• a welcoming and helpful staff team and Governing Body
• a high level of support
• opportunities to network within BDMAT
• a strong commitment to your professional development
• a strong Christian ethos with good community and external links
• guidance from an experienced Leadership Team
Closing Date: 18 October 2021, 12 midday
Informal visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact Miss Duffy / Mrs Lewis to arrange an appointment. The job description, person specification and BDMAT application form can be downloaded from our website
CVs will not be accepted unless accompanied by a completed application form.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.