Digital & Data Project Manager
The Digital and Data Team has recently been revamped and we are creating a high performing team that can provide excellent support to the complex multi functions of the WMCA. Our key aim is to deliver a robust, high-quality customer-focused Digital and Data function to our stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity to join us at a time when we’re modernising our ways of working and delivering significant advancements in our digital services – and your expertise will help develop and shape our future vision and implement cutting edge technologies.
As Digital & Data Project Manager, you will support the successful delivery of high-priority business change and transformation digital/IT projects.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring technical schedules of work are optimised and delivered on time, to budget to quality and scope
- Managing projects throughout the project lifecycle from kick-off through to close-out and ensuring use of project/control documents
- Establishing, monitoring, and managing Risks and Issues through Risk Register for all project work
- Developing and agreeing technical projects briefs and PIDs as well as project and resource plans
- Reporting on project progression on things like budgets, milestones, and analyses of implementations
- Working closely with key stakeholders to enhance delivery of an ambitious and challenging change agenda
- Providing an active internal consultancy in project management, delivering joined up digital enhancements through a blend of modern and agile solution
- Engaging with stakeholders to envisage, document and deliver enhanced and new digital solutions, influencing both technical and business change
We're looking for someone who has successfully managed a variety of digital/IT-related projects using traditional and agile delivery methods. Over and above this, we are looking for evidence of managing project budgets, creating Business Cases and managing costs, excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills and strong communication, and interpersonal skills.
We work remotely and so evidence of 'managing' virtual project teams is needed.
Your ability to utilise project scheduling software e.g. MS Project and being well-practiced in identifying opportunities and risks, with evidence of evaluating, weighting, and mitigating issues, will be an advantage.
Our role in the West Midlands has never been more important and in these extraordinary times we’ve shown we can step forward, speak up for our region and bring people together. Everything we do is focused on making life better for people in the West Midlands – that’s our reason for being here and it drives every move we make. We lead and support others to deliver our shared future vision for the region – a happier, healthier, better connected place to live and work.
We fully believe that we are only as great as the people who work for us and are committed to providing a positive, healthy and inclusive working environment where our people feel valued and respected. We are in the Inclusive Top 50 Employers List and are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women. As a Disability Confident Employer, we offer a guaranteed interview for applicants who meet the essential job role criteria. We are a “Leaders in Diversity” accredited organisation and are committed to developing an organisation that is representative of the diverse communities that we serve.
We’re ambitious, forward thinking and determined to find better ways of working, always leading the way in what we do. We trust and support each other to get the job done, and encourage creativity, originality and curiosity from those who work with us. We’re committed to creating an accessible and diverse workplace, one that nurtures an inclusive environment where our people can be themselves.
We’re dedicated to providing a broad range of rewards and benefits and constantly benchmark our benefits packages to ensure they are attractive for all our people. As well as a competitive salary, employees also receive 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and access to a great pension scheme.
If your values align with ours and you’re committed to working towards creating a future we can all be proud of, we want to hear from you.