Wholetime Station and Group Manager Transfers - Expression of interest
6 days left
Are you interested in a new challenge and in joining a great and inclusive Team?
A role where you can help support and protect the diverse communities of Warwickshire?
If so, we would really like to hear from you!
Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service are accepting expressions of interest from:
- Competent Wholetime Station Managers
- Competent Wholetime Group Managers
Personnel occupying the above positions in UK Fire and Rescue Services, including those from the Ministry of Defence Fire and Rescue Services, are invited to express an interest.
Are you interested in a level transfer into our service?
Applicants should require only limited conversion training, subject to providing evidence and being able to demonstrate competence at Level 2 or Level 3, whichever relevant using training and professional development records.
It is an essential requirement that applicants are able to provide an address within or very close proximity the Warwickshire area.
Our service is looking to create a list of applicants with exemplary values and behaviours, that we can draw upon in the future.
- Current substantive competent wholetime Station Managers and Group Managers, within a UK Local Authority Fire and Rescue Service or MOD Fire & Rescue Services.
- In date for all operational training in line with your current Service training policy and able to prove competency within the last 12 months against our Maintenance of Competence Training Programme.
- WFRS currently require its commanders up to and including Station Manger to undertake their IFE or equivalent in both Operations and Leadership. As part of your competence check you will be asked to provide evidence of these qualifications or equivalent APL.
- On appointment you would be required to work at locations at the exigencies of the service.
- To declare any development or improvement plans.
- Receipt of two acceptable references, one from current Fire and Rescue Service Head of Department and one from a further in-Service professional.
- Be medically fit to undertake the role of operational Firefighter, including evidence of passing a ‘FireFit’ V02 max fitness test.
- Hold a current UK driving licence.
Closing Date: 26th October 2021