Community Care Worker
Community Care Worker
Salary: £10.01 – £10.21 per hour, or £19,312 – £19,698 per year pro rata
Hours: 16-35hrs per week on a flexible rota to suit you
We’re looking for caring people to join our local team, as part of a service that helps to prevent people from going into hospital or nursing care. We also support people in their own homes once they leave hospital or nursing care too.
To us, you’ll be known as a Promoting Independence Assistant, as you’ll be actively helping people to keep or recover their independence at home.
Simply, you’ll be helping people do things for themselves again.
As you spend time with the people you’re supporting, you’ll work out what they can do for themselves, and help them build their own skills over time. You might guide them with using equipment to help them with their day-to-day life, or by offering encouragement and support.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Drive to the homes of the people you’re supporting (we’ll pay mileage rates for your travel)
- Spend time working with them in line with their development plan
- Record the work you’ve done, and any progress made
You’ll be supporting people with personal care activities where needed, such as washing, dressing and toileting, so we’ll provide you with PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and weekly Covid-19 testing.
Who we’re looking for
The good news is that you don’t need previous formal care experience to apply, as we’ll give you all the training you’ll need.
You’re a natural communicator, and a caring person by nature. You’ll enjoy building strong relationships with people from all walks of life, working with them over time to give them the support they need.
To be a success, you’ll have:
- Experience of working with people, it could be behind a bar, in a shop or even a hotel
- An understanding of a wide range of people, who they are and what they might need
- A valid UK driving licence, with 8 points or fewer
What’s in it for me?
You’ll be entitled to our full benefits package, including:
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a number of restaurants, shops and gym membership
- And much more!
We’re committed to supporting our residents to live healthy and independent lives in their community. By offering short-term intensive support in partnership with NHS colleagues and our care providers, we help people regain independence during the period of support.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer too - Disability Confident is helping us recruit and retain great people in our teams.