Responsible for managing & maintaining the school site, cleaning duties, health & safety checks & procedures. Suitable training will be given.
25.0 Hours per Week
- Be aware of and understand the Authority’s regulation, e.g. H&SAW and COSHH guidelines
- Literacy skills to complete forms and orders, write instructions, understand and follow H & S and COSHH instructions
- Numeracy skills to check goods, carry out stock control and undertake calculations
- Be able to carry out procedures, routines and follow instructions
- Be able to operate cleaning equipment, machinery and tools and undertake basic maintenance
- Have minor maintenance skills (e.g. plumbing, electrical, glazing, woodwork) to make safe.
- Understand basic administrative systems (lettings, time book, extra hours, maintenance hotline, ordering)
- Understand and be familiar with the layout and organisation of the school and its site.
- Show pride in the role and consider the impact it has on everyone’s wellbeing and safety
- Display commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
- Value and respect the views and needs of children
- Be able to supervise and train premises staff, as appropriate
Additional Information & How to Apply
For full details please contact the school on 02476 543751
Closing date: 20/10/2021
Interview date: TBC
Knightlow C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.