We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant for 10 hours per week (afternoons, Monday to Friday) in the first instance to work with a child with complex needs as soon as possible. The post is a fixed term post until December 2021 but is likely to be extended.
We are a friendly village school who are committed to supporting our children to achieve their best in a warm, friendly and caring environment.
The school is based in a lovely setting, close to the village church with whom we have excellent links.
“There is a real sense of a close-knit school community where pupils show compassion and care for one another.”
“Pupils continue to enjoy their learning and achieve success”
“The varied and engaging curriculum supports pupils’ learning effectively”
Ofsted March 2017
10.0 Hours per Week
We are looking for people who:
• have a passion for working with children
• are flexible, enthusiastic, have lots of energy and a real sense of fun and are calm and patient
• have a good understanding of SEND
• have the ability to work as part of a team and to show initiative
• are keen to be involved in all aspects of school life
• have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with children and parents
• have excellent English and Maths skills as well as being creative
• have a thorough understanding of the need for confidentiality and the importance of safeguarding
Experience working with children with additional needs would be an advantage
Additional Information & How to Apply
Given the current situation with Covid-19 we realise that a flexible approach will need to be taken within the recruitment process to comply with the regularly updated government guidelines.
Please call 024 76 542212 if you wish to discuss the role and your application in more detail.
If you are interested in this post – please download and complete an application form and return it together with any supporting information to school by hand, post or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted further and so if you have not heard from us by Thursday 4th November, your application will have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Closing date: 9am 21/10/2021
Interview date: TBC
Wolston St Margaret's Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.