Marketing Manager Maternity Cover
GBSLEP Growth Hub Marketing Manager Maternity Cover
Salary: £45,760 - £56,779
Full-time, 36.50 hours per week
Fixed Term Contract to end of September 2022 (may be extended to end of 2022)
GBSLEP is growing a team of exceptional individuals to deliver our planned Growth Hub (Skills, Training and Apprenticeships). The Hub’s work will include promoting skills, training and apprenticeships to key sector businesses and supporting businesses through the associated process.
To be responsible for the marketing and outreach operations of the Growth Hub; this will include all communications, events and marketing to raise awareness with, engage and ultimately attract as clients target SMEs and start-ups in the GBSLEP area in line with GBSLEP priorities and strategies.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they can produce and implement a marketing strategy and action plan for the Growth Hub on an annual basis, as part of the overall business plan, to achieve relevant targets and thereby deliver an appropriate and effective suite of marketing, events and communications activities
- Will be responsible for all marketing and communication channels that the Growth Hub owns
- They will be able to lead campaigns (sometimes in partnership) on key areas and themes of Growth Hub work and to provide innovative thinking and solutions to such challenges
- Good interpersonal, communications and negotiation skills are essential as is the ability to lead, co-ordinate and process complex workloads to tight timescales
- Can evidence the ability to manage and develop the Growth Hub (Skills, Training and Apprenticeships) staffing team.
Since the Hub’s launch in December 2020, it has delivered exception results during the difficult pandemic times, ensuring hundreds of local businesses have been supported in achieving their skills priorities as part of their survival and recovery. This period has also seen the work of the Hub expand to respond to the challenges posed by the economic impact of the pandemic, this has included the Hub working closely with partners to deliver business-led Plan for Jobs interventions, with our Partner LEPs to build a on-line skills and jobs portal, with local authority partners to design financial incentives and Apprenticeship Levy programmes and designing programmes to support specific groups adversely affected.
We are now entering a phase where this success can be built upon to ensure the long-term recovery and growth of these businesses and extend the provision of the Hub to meet the skills needs of more businesses across the GBSLEP geography. To this end, GBSLEP has recently been successful in securing additional European Social Fund resources to expand the scope and remit of the Hub provision; this will include the appointment of more staff to meet business demand and the creation of specific initiatives to deliver the skills for growth required by businesses and communities across the GBS geography. We see such provision developing interventions to support specific employment and skills issues faced by BAME communities, graduates, older workers etc. while GBSLEP has identified the issues faced by young people as a key strategic priority coming out of the pandemic which will also be addressed through Hub activity; GBSLEP has also recently been successful in securing additional ESF resources to deliver a ‘Young Persons’ Jobs Fund’ to support this cause and this will also fall within the remit of the Hub to manage.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter covering the following-
- Why you are interested in the role
- How does your knowledge, skills and experience match the specification
- What makes you a standout candidate
- Your current or most recent salary
- Notice period or availability date
Send applications to recruitment@GBSLEP.co.uk quoting reference MarketingManager21 by 24th October 2021.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities, and value diversity in our team.
For more details, please download the job description from our website.
THIS ROLE IS PART-FUNDED BY EUROPEAN REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUNDS (ERDF)