Teaching Assistant Grade 2
Teaching Assistant Grade 2 , 5-6
27.50 hours a week (spread over 5 days) (30 minute lunch)
Start Date: November 2021
Bewdley Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support the KS2 classroom teacher with their responsibility for the development and education of children, including those with special physical, emotional and educational needs.
OUTLINE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Under the direction of the classroom teacher;
- Safeguard all pupils within the setting by following agreed policy, practice and routines as laid out in relevant school policies
- To assist the teacher with learning activities generally in the classroom.
- Contributing to the planning and assessment of work to meet the requirements of the KS2 curriculum and individual needs of pupils and students.
- Contributing to the formulation of Individual Education Plans including attendance at SEN reviews and other meetings relevant to the service/pupil needs.
- To carry out appropriate activities as planned within the classroom or with groups of pupils including administration of assessments.
We are looking for someone who has the following:
- The ability to be flexible and creative and committed to providing outstanding educational support.
- Training in and experience of working with children with additional needs such as ASD, ADHD and attachment difficulties.
- Good organisational skills
- Resilience and ability to actively look for alternative strategies when solving problems
- Sense of humour
- Ability to use their own initiative
- Ability to work in partnership with teachers, teaching assistants and outside agencies
- Knowledge and understanding of pupils’ different learning needs
- Willingness to undertake further training as required
- Recent experience of working in KS2
- Recent experience of planning for and taking responsibility for groups of pupils
- Willingness to contribute to the ethos and wider life of the school.
- Experience and/or knowledge of working with children with communication needs
- Ability to offer additional hours on an ad-hoc basis as required
- Ability to offer additional hours later in the year
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. CV’s are not acceptable – please complete the Worcestershire County Council application form
Applications close: Thursday 21st October at 12 noon
Interviews: Tuesday 2nd November