We are a very popular, two form entry Church of England (VA) Primary School with strong links to the Parish of St. James’s. We balance excellent academic achievement with extremely happy, friendly and engaged children. We can offer committed and dedicated staff, excellent buildings and a strong and supportive Governing Body. We pride ourselves on our school’s vision and values that are embedded throughout our curriculum and daily school life.
‘School values are central to the warm and caring ethos of the school.' Ofsted March 2018. 'St. James's is a large school with a small school ethos. Leaders and staff get to know pupils as individuals.' Ofsted March 2018.
SIAMS 2019 overall judgement - Excellent
Salary: Leadership Pay L17-L23 (Actual salary £62,570- £72,497 per annum)
Location: St. James's C.E. Primary School
This is a full time, all year round contract.
St. James's are committed to safeguarding children; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
We are looking for an inspirational, enthusiastic and forward thinking leader to support a flexible and effective staff team to have the vision, confidence and skills to lead our school forward into its next exciting stage of development. You will be supported by an enthusiastic, widely experienced and committed governing body.
We are seeking a Headteacher who:-
• Has the leadership and drive to lead our school with a passion, raising standards where required, but recognising and maintaining excellence where it is already in place.
• Understands absolutely the need to keep the wellbeing, resilience and achievements of our pupils at the centre of all the decisions they make and all that the school does.
• Is a skilful leader who is able to think creatively when required to achieve the best outcomes for the school and its pupils.
• Is a leader who is keen to work with other schools and colleagues to continue the journey in building local and national collaborative partnerships.
• Recognises the school’s position within the wider community and is able to communicate our vision to it and to all stakeholders.
• Is visible and accessible and able to engage positively with our large and diverse community.
In return we will offer the successful candidate:-
• Staff who are excellent at what they do, totally committed to the school and its pupils and keen to continue to drive the school on an upward trajectory.
• A very highly skilled management team, ready to work with you to achieve the best possible outcomes for the school and its pupils.
• Confident and happy children who enjoy their time in school and the learning experience we bring to them.
• A fully supportive, motivated and highly skilled governing body.
We would strongly recommend that you arrange to come and have a look around our school before submitting an application for the post and this can be arranged by contacting the school on 01384 818810
A supporting statement should be no longer than 2-3 sides of an A4 page.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to vetting including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Closing date: Midday Monday 8th November 2021.
Short listing: Friday 12th November 2021.
Interviews will take place on Monday 29th November 2021.
NB. We reserve the right to close vacancies before the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/.
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at https://www.dudley.gov.uk/