SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: Bucknall, Stoke-on-Trent
Salary: £9.90 - £11.50 p/h
Hours: 40 hours per week – Term Time Only
The Aurora Group
The Aurora Hanley School is an 'Outstanding' rated innovative provider of education and care, supporting young people aged 6 - 19 with complex needs typically related to Asperger’s Syndrome, Autism and other conditions.
We’re currently looking for experienced SEN Teaching Assistants - Level 2/3
The Role / Key duties:
As our new Teaching Assistant, your role is to support our children with their learning and general wellbeing to ensure every child has the best opportunity to reach their full potential in a caring and safe environment. Where necessary this may include supporting with care needs from time to time as well as positive behaviour management adopting a tailored approach to the individual child.
You will be expected to establish a warm, caring and supportive relationship with pupils in order to support them feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn during their time at the School, and to promote and encourage independence and personal development in pupils and maintain high expectations of behaviour at all times.
You will support the class teacher and contribute to providing high quality, challenging and differentiated educational activities and experiences through supporting the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum aiming at pupils achieving their full potential in all areas of learning.
Like many SEN environments; your duties are likely to vary and therefore candidates will need to be flexible and be able to lend a hand whenever required.
Skills and Qualifications:
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- Experience working with SEN in an employed or voluntary setting
- Full UK driving licence and access to your own car desirable
- A recognised qualification at Level 2 or above in Support work for Teaching and Learning in Schools or an equivalent is desirable
- GCSE Maths and English Level 2/C or above qualification is essential.
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures.
- Knowledge or experience of pupils with SEN or SEMH/ASD
- Ability to adapt
- The desire to put the child first and treat them as an individual
- Be positive and creative in assisting to meet pupils’ individual needs
What’s on offer?
- Full training and continued support
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box
- Free parking
For more information on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Aurora Group is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children."
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer