1 day left
Information for the Youth Worker Vacancy.
Lyppard Hub is a charitable organisation, working in the heart of Warndon Villages in Worcester and our mission is to provide services and support to the whole community.
Tuesday and Thursday evenings in school term time is dedicated to young people.
youth club sessions are open to young people aged 11 and 16 who are currently attending high school.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year’s previous experience working with young people, although this is not essential. We DO want people who are enthusiastic, energetic, professional, friendly, reliable and love working with young people. The successful candidate will be subject to a clear DBS check and references will be required prior to appointment.
Staff will be required to work from 6.15pm – 8.15pm both evenings. The hourly rate for this post is £8.91 – £9.29 per hour dependant on experience.
Part of the interview process involves the successful completion of at least 1 trial evening within the club. The successful candidate will be offered a permanent contract subject to the successful completion of a 6 month probation period.
Youth workers’ role varies greatly, but typical activities involve:
- Promoting the personal, educational & social development of young people
- Adhering to all policies & procedures inc Bullying & Safeguarding
- Befriending & supporting individuals
- An understanding about basic first aid
- Setting up & putting away furniture & equipment for each session
- To ensure young people have a positive experience when attending the club.
- Keep accurate registers & report figures to Youth Leader
- Listening & responding to young people’s needs – signposting if required.
- Assisting the Youth Leader & other staff as required.
- Reporting any concerns to the Youth Leader
Working in Youth Club can entail many other duties depending on what is happening. This gives a simple overview of what this post involves.