Team Manager - Fostering
Job title: Fostering Team Manager
Salary: Grade 12 - £47,845 - £51,814 per annum
Working Pattern: 37 Hours per week | Full time | Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options with you
Game changing support.
With a new operating model we’re making sure our social work teams can do what they do best!
Our Social Work teams make a huge difference to the lives of people across our county. They take pride in supporting children and families and we’re equally proud to help them give their best in whatever ways we can. That’s why you can expect everything from agile and flexible working options to exceptional learning and development if you join our team. You can also expect our commitment to creating the best service we can.
Although we’re already rated as ‘Good’ by OFSTED, we’re determined to uphold the highest standards and drive continual improvement and learning. That’s why we’ve recently gone through an exciting transformation, underpinned by a restorative practice model, which focuses on keeping families together through a community-based approach. If you’ve not worked in this way before, don’t worry – we’ll give you full training to bring you up to speed.
Working with us means collaborating across our different teams, and sharing best practice, knowledge, and experience to continually improve the way we do things. Support is important, as we work in a big county with some diverse challenges – but together we can meet all kinds of needs and demands.
We are currently looking for an experienced, dynamic and highly motivated Fostering Team Manager who has clear Leadership and motivational qualities and can demonstrate a strong commitment and drive to achieve best outcomes within this field and has a highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice within the field of Fostering.
You will have a responsibility in leading and directing a team of Fostering Social Workers to drive ongoing improvements across Staffordshire, providing high support and high challenge across the whole service.
You will work with foster carers and key partners to promote the stability of long-term fostering families as well as the Disability Short Break provision for children with complex needs. You will have oversight in ensuring foster carers are supervised and supported and will also take on a lead role for key areas such as recruitment, training, and the development of several specialist intensive fostering programmes.
What you’ll bring
You’ll need to be a:
- Qualified Social Worker
- Registered with Social Work England
- Hold an additional professional qualification in a related area or evidence which can demonstrate skills, knowledge, and ability e.g. Practice Educator
- Management qualification/equivalent experience managing a team
- Have a current UK driving licence and vehicle
But above all, you’ll bring the desire to work with children and families to ensure your team give them the right support, at the right time with the aim of keeping families together where it’s safe to do so.
Our benefits & offer to you
We recognise you’ll want your team to have the time to do what they do best – spending time supporting children and families and so we have built into our structure dedicated PA support to our Social Workers so you and your team can spend more time doing the work that matters most.
We also know you’ll want to continually develop in your role and potentially progress your career and that’s why we have great training and development opportunities here at Staffordshire.
Plus, there’s also all these other benefits too:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 8 bank holidays and 2 extra statutory days) depending on job role and length of service. That’s a minimum of 34 days annual leave.
- Essential car user allowance £ per annum
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave per year
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button.
If you do have technical issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will help you.
Closing Date: Thursday 21 October 2021
Interview Date: asap during October
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities. As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.