Inclusion Assistant (Priory C of E Primary School)
30 hours per week - Term Time Only
The Governors at Priory C of E Primary are looking to appoint a motivated, nurturing, and dynamic Inclusion Assistant. The successful candidate will work within our Inclusion Hub and support learners from across the school with additional needs.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- To support individual and groups of pupils with additional needs including EHC Plans, SEND, Behaviour and Disadvantaged
- Develop a good understanding of the context and the vulnerabilities of pupils requiring support.
- To carry out individual and group programmes of learning, specifically to support the pupil/s concerned.
- To assist in the implementation of programmes of support designed by other professionals such as advisory teachers and therapists.
- To provide in class personalised support and assist with planning, preparation, delivery, assessment and evaluation.
- To assist the school in maintaining a close liaison with the pupil’s parents or carers.
Knowledge, Training and Experience:
- Some experience working with children, particularly those with additional needs
Visits to the school are welcomed & can be arranged by contacting Cat Hawkesworth, School Business Manager, on 01782 233585 or via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email for a recruitment pack.
Interviews will take place on Monday 8th November – this will include a set activity of leading a group session with three pupils with SEND needs around wellbeing or Mental Health – activity to be designed by the applicant.
Post start date: As soon as possible
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974).
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/.