Finance Monitoring Officer
3 days left
Adult Social Care is part of the People Directorate within Coventry City Council. We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
Adult Social Care encompasses a wide range of vital services covering;
- Commissioning Team – we commission and work with a number of providers, to ensure that people with care needs have access to a range of good quality support to enable them to live independent and fulfilling lives
- Social Work Services - we work with individuals who have care and support needs, and with their carers be they older or younger adults
- Occupational Therapy and Equipment Services - we aim to enhance people’s ability to live safely and independently in their home
- Internally Provided Services – we provide direct support to people enabling those in most need to live independent and fulfilled lives
- Business Systems and Continuous Improvement - we provide a range of services including Financial Assessments, provider payment processing and Business Systems administration. The Business Systems team provide support to Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Education Services.
This is an exciting time to join us as we work to put adults and their carers at the heart of everything we do. Specifically, if you are social workers, occupational therapists or social care professionals who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for adults and their carers we will help you make a difference through manageable caseloads, high-quality professional support, supervision and guidance and excellent learning and development opportunitiesOur Values
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
What is the job role?
The Independent Living Team provide a range of services to both adults and children's social care staff, direct payment recipients, and individual service fund care providers to enable adults, carers, and parents of disabled children eligible for social care to have choice and control over their support including development of policies, procedures, monitoring of spend and recovery of funds.
We are looking for a person with financial, administration, and customer service experience who has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. We work to maximise the opportunities, choices, and independence for all adults, carers, and parents of disabled children we support with a non-judgemental approach alongside ensuring the public purse is protected.
You will work with and support the other Monitoring Officer and Independent Living Practice Adviser who manages the team and will supervise the post holder.
We are currently recruiting for a 37-hour fixed term contract for 12 months (internal secondments could be requested if approval is gained from your line manager) Monday-Friday. Flexible working hours can apply depending on the needs of the service.
You will be based at Friargate House in the City Centre for 40% of the working week and will be based at home 60% of the week. There is an expectation of a blended approach to meetings using a range of approaches including MS teams, telephone, and face to face (this could mean home visits on occasions).
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
You will be committed to:
- Supporting and enabling adults, carers and parents of disabled children to have choice, control and flexibility
- Enabling social care staff to arrange direct payments and individual service funds effectively and efficiently reducing delay
- Reviewing and analysing accounts and other supporting evidence of expenditure against the person’s or child’s care/support plan ensuring that it is legal and safe.
- Identifying misuse, potential fraud or safeguarding concerns and escalating concerns via the appropriate routes
- Recovering funds either directly from accounts, raising and adjusting invoices in liaison with the recipients of these funds and other departments in the Council.
- Closing accounts without delay ensuring all outstanding payments are made to all relevant parties and unspent funds are repaid to the Council.
- Keeping factual and relevant up-to-date records in all systems of events and actions
- Experience of working in a financial, administration, customer service and/or social care environment
- Knowledge of social care and/or finance record systems, policies and procedures
- Knowledge or experience of funding panel/application processes
- Awareness of safeguarding adults and children
- A willingness to deal directly with adults, carers, parents of disabled children and/or their representatives, as well as with colleagues.
- Ability to analyse and organise a wide variety of complex financial and other case-relevant information
- Ability to respond to a wide range of customer queries within a set timescale and deal immediately with urgent requests for funding
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Maxine Shakespeare on 024 76 83 3410.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview date: Week Commencing 8th November 2021
Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a Council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks