Full time position available – Fixed Term Contract – To Start 1st November 2021 to 31st August 2022.
ECT’s are encouraged to apply. TMS (Subject to Teachers Terms and Conditions)
Required to start Monday 1st November 2021
Michael Drayton Junior School is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher to join them on a temporary basis, starting 1st November 2021. The successful applicant will be joining Michael Drayton Junior School at an exciting time as it expands to a 5 form entry junior school.
Applicants should be vibrant and creative and ready to join a friendly, but focused team and have a strong commitment to raising achievement and attainment. We welcome and encourage applicants who have experience across primary education.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop their role as a professional in a rich learning environment and will be encouraged to contribute to the school’s vision of continuous improvement.
Michael Drayton Junior School is a happy and thriving school in the village of Hartshill. We continued to be a “Good” school when Ofsted visited in February 2020. We are now on a journey to Outstanding. Michael Drayton is currently transitioning from a four form to a five form entry school, which will result in school being able to accommodate 640 pupils by September 2021.
Fixed term contract end date: 31.08.2022
The governors are looking to appoint someone who:
- Has the desire to be an excellent teacher
- Is able to show initiative
- Has a good understanding of the Key Stage 2 curriculum
- Has good ICT skills
- Has good inter-personal skills
- Works well within teams
- Is prepared to play a full part in the life of the school
- Will ensure high expectations of students’ achievement and behaviour
In return, we can offer:
- Responsive pupils who enjoy coming to school, are well-behaved and who have good attitudes towards their learning
- A dedicated, hardworking and highly professional team of teaching, support and office staff
- A working environment with innovative and forward thinking aspirations
- A safe, pleasant and happy environment for all
- A supportive, well-organised and committed governing body
- Parents who value the school
- Strong community links
Additional Information & How to Apply
For more information or if you have any questions please contact school on 02476 392272.
To apply, please download the application pack below in the 'Available Documents' section or contact the school or email. Previous applicants need not apply.
All applications and requests for more information should be directed to Claire Mottram, School Business Manager, email@example.com
Please also visit our website, to find out more about our school: https://www.michaeldraytonjunior.co.uk/
Closing date: 9am 19/10/2021
Interview date: TBC
Michael Drayton Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.