Environmental Services Operative Level 1 (Commercial Waste Team)
4 days left
ESO 1 Waste Operative
Environmental Services Operative – Commercial Waste Collection
Bromsgrove District Council
Grade 3 (SCP 5 to 9)
£19,312 to £20,903 per annum
We have an exciting opportunity to be a part of our successful Commercial Waste team, supporting businesses in Bromsgrove, Redditch, and across the West Midlands with the management of their waste.
We are looking for someone who can help drive our service forward with high quality service and the ability to represent us with existing and potential customers to support further growth of the service.
The successful applicant will be willing to carry out all work required as an integral part of the team.
They will need to work flexibly alongside staff at every level to support the delivery of the service and achieve the standards required both directly across the district, and indirectly through supporting colleagues in their roles through good communication, adaptability, and a willingness to challenge behaviour and promote efficient working.
- To undertake the collection of waste as directed from commercial Business across Bromsgrove, Redditch and across the West Midlands
- Accurately record work completed and report any collection issues that arise during the round
- To return all containers to their correct location after collection as directed.
- Assist other Collection crews as part of a wider team to complete work when requested to do so.
- To ensure that the business premises, car parks and carriageways are left in a clean condition and any spillages are cleaned up before leaving the area.
- To undertake ad-hoc duties as required to maintain a safe, clean working environment and service to our customers.
- Compliance with the Council’s health and safety rules and procedures, and national legislation.
- Repair, Deliver, Collect, Clean & Dismantle wheeled bins.
- Remain polite and respectful at all times, as representatives of the Council.
The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the right attitude, behaviour and personal attributes to provide a quality customer focused service to commercial waste customer in Bromsgrove, Redditch and the West Midlands.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Monday 25 October 2021.
The date/s for interview will be confirmed shortly after the closing date.
If you require further information on this post please contact Martin Roche, Executive Manager for the Commercial Waste Team on 01527 881188 Ext 1347.
If you experience difficulties when applying online please contact HR Support on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, you should assume that unfortunately your application was not successful on this occasion.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all Sections of the Community