Teaching Assistant Grade 2
3 days left
Teaching Assistant - Temporary Variable Contract (15-25 hours per week)
Required From: As soon as possible until July 2022 - Subject to clear DBS and health check
The Governors and Senior Leadership Team of Crown Meadow First School and Nursery are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly ambitious Teaching Assistant to join our committed school. We are looking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant who enjoys the challenge of working with children across the school. This post will initially start with 22 hours per week.
We are seeking someone who:
- Holds Level 2 NVQ in Supporting Teaching and Learning or equivalent.
- Has experience of supporting individual needs.
- Has recent experience of working within a school setting and a knowledge of the National Curriculum.
- Has an understanding of how children learn, including speech and language development, early reading and writing skills, phonics and emotional/social development.
- Demonstrates a good level of English and Maths, with GCSE qualification graded A-C, or equivalent.
- Has the ability to confidently follow planning and adapt where necessary to support children’s individual needs.
- Has experience in delivering intervention programmes for groups and individuals.
- Is a team player, who is committed to their own professional development
- Has working knowledge of safeguarding practices.
We are able to offer:
- A school with a recent good Ofsted (November 2016)
- Wonderful children who love to learn
- A supportive, friendly and hardworking staff team and Governing Body
- A strong leadership team who understand how to move the school forward
- Supportive parents and carers
- A fantastic, purpose-built PFI building shared with Alvechurch Middle School and Alvechurch Library
The successful candidate will support the school by:
- Working with individuals with SEND or small groups of children.
- Supporting teachers to ensure specific children are making progress.
- Engaging children in learning opportunities.
- Managing behaviour effectively.
- Having high standards and expectations of all children.
Crown Meadow First School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed, should you wish to visit, please contact the school office to register your interest.
Tel: 0121 445 4540
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 20th October at 12 noon, with interviews to be held on Thursday 21st October.