Charnwood Primary Academy - Play Coordinator
Salary Range: Grade 5 NJC 6-9 £19,698 - £20,903 Pro Rata
Hours per week: 10 (1.25 hour per day at lunchtime on playground + non contact)
Term time only
Contract Type: Temporary for 1 Year in the first instance
Charnwood Primary Academy is about to start a programme to improve opportunities for physical activity, socialisation, co-operation, coordination, resilience, creativity, imagination and enjoyment through improved play.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Play Coordinator to work within our school. The Play Coordinator will support and facilitate meaningful and productive child-initiated play during the school day in accordance with the Play Policy.
Within this role, there will be a number of responsibilities including:
- Ensure that all Play Team staff are completing their main duties to a high standard and that all staff are facilitating play development.
- Ensure that you and your Play Team have read the Play Policy and are fully supportive of it.
- Ensure the safety, welfare and general conduct through appropriate application of the school’s policies and procedures.
- Establish safe and proper behaviour, by appropriate intervention or referral to senior staff, as appropriate.
- Complete any relevant documentation required by the school in relation to incidents occurring during the lunchtime break period.
- Participate in OPAL/medical meetings, as required.
- Ensure there are sufficient resources to promote each of the ‘play types’ as listed in the Play Policy.
- Check the quality and condition of resources and repair or remove any resources that are not of a suitable condition.
- Ensure resources are stored appropriately.
- Build Play Team members expertise and practice.
- Organise and support pupil Playground Leaders with their role.
- Facilitate peer led play opportunities.
- Provide suggestions for Play Maker activities and games.
- Discuss and plan with pupils/staff and School Council.
- Implement planned activities which promote play development.
- Review activities to promote self- evaluation and play development.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
If you are interested in this position, please complete an application form and return to email@example.com
Charnwood Primary Academy is part of SUAT (Staffordshire University Academy Trust)
Closing Date:01.11.2021 – Closing Time: 12pm
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Amendment Order 1986 and, as such, it will be necessary for a Submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions. Click here for further information.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide