Teacher / Leading Practitioner (Abbey Hill School & College)
Teacher / Leading Practitioner
Salary: £45,657 - £50,396
32.5 hours per week working Monday to Friday
The governors of this over-subscribed special school are looking to recruit a Leading Practitioner.
At Abbey Hill we have 345 pupils on roll with a range of SEND including learning difficulties, communication & interaction difficulties and/or Autistic Spectrum Conditions. This is a wonderful opportunity for an inspiring individual to become part of our leadership team to support our staff and pupils to achieve their desired outcomes and work with staff to develop and enhance their SEN practice
The successful candidates will have:
• Established and evidenced practice as an outstanding teacher over a prolonged period
• Proven expertise as a special educational needs (SEN) practitioner
• Experience of providing effective CPD and improving practice
• Experience of leadership of a key area / responsibility for school improvement
• Experience of working with professionals to benefit the pupils’ development (eg OT, speech and language)
- Trained in the use of SEN-specific approaches eg Makaton, PECS, AAC
The successful candidate will be working:
• To secure excellent outcomes for pupils through high quality specialist provision
• Modelling excellent planning, assessment and teaching in order to support teachers/support staff to achieve high quality SEN practice, effective use of resources and the highest standards of learning and achievement for all pupils
• To provide pedagogic leadership within the school and to play a key role in raising teaching and learning standards through the quality of own practice and by supporting the professional development of colleagues
• To be an exemplar of SEN teaching practice, lead the improvement / enhancement of teaching skills within the school and carry out the professional responsibilities of a teacher, including those responsibilities delegated by the head teacher.
If you are an experienced SEN teacher and committed to providing the very best learning experience for our children and young people, we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate will benefit from a comprehensive induction, continuing CPD and an opportunity to work alongside our committed and supportive staff.
If you are interested in applying please contact the school office for an application pack and more details please phone 01782 882882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 18th October 9.00am
Interviews will be held week commencing 18th October 2021.
Abbey Hill School & College is an equal opportunities employer committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and this position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check.
More information on the school can be found on our website