This is an exciting opportunity for a Playworker to join our Before and After school club team. Our Before and After school club is oversubscribed and more staff are needed to meet the needs of the children.
We are looking to appoint a Before and After School Club Playworker who can engage with groups of children, organising arts and crafts, supervising sports, and taking part in all activities.
You will need to ensure adequate supervision of the children at all times and deal with the needs of the children on a daily basis.
- Experience of working with children aged 5 to 11 years.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for all children
- Setting up the before and afterschool club including helping move tables, play equipment and cleaning the setting.
- Assist with planning and providing good quality play opportunities and ideas
- Hardworking, flexible, well organised with a sense of fun
- Excellent interaction skills with children, maintaining safe and stimulating play at all times
- A willingness to undertake additional duties within the role as required.
- The school is committed to safeguarding and a full DBS check will be needed for this role.
- Working within the framework of the Club's policies and procedures
- The ability to work well within a team and supportive of your colleagues at all times
- Good communication skills with children, colleagues and parents
An NVQ3 in Childcare is desirable for this post. An NVQ2 in childcare with substantive experience will be considered.
The hours are Monday to Friday - 7:45am - 8:45am and 3:00pm until 6:00pm term time only. 20 hours per week.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
If you would like to apply for this post please contact the school at email@example.com or call 0121 353 1738.
(please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if we receive sufficient applications)