Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed term for 2 terms, January 2022- August 2022 (in the first instance)
Wylde Green Primary School
Telephone Number: 0121 373 2691
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: 1 January 2022
Qualified class teacher (M2- UPS) – not suitable for ECT.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a first class teacher who is: Committed, Articulate, Resourceful and Enthusiastic to join the Wylde Green TEAM.
In order to maintain our high staffing ratios across the school, we are looking to appoint a teacher who is passionate and inspirational about teaching and learning, who will complement our hardworking and dedicated team. Most year groups have an additional teacher, alongside the class teachers for daily Maths and English lessons. The post will either be class based or will be an additional teacher of Maths and English within a year group and will cover PPA in the afternoons. The year group is subject to discussion with the successful candidate.
The successful applicant will:
- be caring and conscientious
- demonstrate up to date subject knowledge
- exhibit infectious enthusiasm and an ability to motivate pupils
- share our ambition to provide the best opportunities for all our children from a diverse community
- have the desire and potential to be an outstanding teacher
- demonstrate high expectations of themselves and others and the commitment to ensure standards continue to be raised across the school for all learners
Our Good Ofsted report from October 2019 recognised ‘Pupils appreciate how school leaders and staff care for them. Staff help pupils to secure strong academic results and develop into good citizens. Parents express very positive views about their school. They see how the school’s values help their children develop, both socially and academically. Staff have high expectations of pupils. Pupils step up to these expectations. Pupils are attentive in lessons, listening carefully to adults and their classmates. Staff teach pupils well. The approach to school improvement that fully involves staff ensures that Wylde Green is a warm and caring place in which to work.’
In addition, we can offer you:
- experienced leaders who are highly ambitious, that really care about the children and staff at the school
- supportive colleagues, governors, parents and PFTA
- quality support for staff at all stages of their career
- high teaching staff ratios to enable smaller teaching groups and target teaching across all year groups
- investment to support e learning
- a well-resourced school to support effective teaching and learning
- newly built classrooms to provide purposely designed learning spaces for children
- inspiring outdoor areas for children to learn and play in our ‘tardis’ school grounds
Tours to meet the staff and children can be safely arranged so you can see for yourself our wonderful team, school and facilities. If you are unable to visit prior to the interview stage, for your application to be considered, please make contact with the school. If you are interested in fulfilling your career aspirations with us, then please contact Mrs Carole Cleaver (Headteacher’s PA) on 0121 373 2691 or for further details please see the school website.
School visits: Monday 11 and Wednesday 13 October 2021
Closing Date: Friday 15 October 2021 at noon
Interviews: W/C 18 October 2021
For further details and application forms please see the school website. Completed applications can be returned by post, by hand or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only standard Birmingham City Council application forms will be accepted, we will not read accompanying CVs. Please note, if you have not been contacted within 28 days of the closing date, you may assume that you have not been selected for an interview on this occasion.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.