Early Years Practitioner - Monkspath Junior and Infant School
£20493.00 - £23080.00 p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
38.0 Hours per Week
Actual Salary Range: £21898
A vacancy has arisen at Monkspath School's popular Bush Babies childcare setting. The vacancy is for a full-time Room Leader position, working 38 hours a week, compressed over four days.
Working hours will be: 7:30am – 6pm four days per week.
We are looking to appoint an excellent, enthusiastic and highly motivated Early Years Practitioner, who enjoys working as part of a team to join our friendly and experienced staff. The successful candidate will be based in our Bush Babies setting, providing care for babies aged 7 to 24 months old.
The successful candidate will:
• Be the ‘Room Leader’ – lead staff in the room to provide high quality childcare.
• Assist children with their integration into the normal routines and timetable of the provision.
• Operate as the Key Worker for designated children in line with the EYFS expectations.
• Plan, prepare, evaluate and modify plans and activities in the nursery setting in line with age expectations and needs of the children.
• Promote positive values, attitudes and good behaviour in the setting.
• Create, maintain and adapt stimulating learning environments.
• Work in partnership with other childcare staff as part of a highly motivated and professional team.
• Be committed to providing first class childcare and professional conduct with parents.
• Interact with the children, encouraging them to participate in all activities and projects.
• Provide infant care, such as holding and comforting babies, preparing bottles and feeding babies, changing children, and providing social interaction to the children.
• Deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage framework and any other appropriate guidance for young children in accordance with nursery policy and guidelines.
• Action and monitor all child safeguarding / protection issues / accidents to ensure that any action is taken immediately.
• Liaise with parents regarding their child’s care, progress and development in line with the EYFS.
The successful candidate must be qualified to NVQ level 3 or above.
We can offer you:
• An inclusive environment where every person matters
• Good training and professional development opportunities
Monkspath Junior and Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to satisfactory references and a DBS disclosure. Applications can only be accepted on the job application form.
Please see our school website for further information about the school. https://monkspathschool.co.uk/
Advert Contact Details:
FAO: Mr D. Hogarth
0121 705 2686
This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.