£18,562 - £20,493 pro rata
Hours per week: 7.5 hours per week, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Wylde Green Primary School
Email Address: Recruitment@wyldegrn.bham.sch.uk
Telephone Number: 0121 373 2691
Job Start Date: ASAP
The Governors are seeking to appoint a Lunchtime Supervisor to join our lunchtime team at Wylde Green Primary School.
We are looking for:
• an enthusiastic and dedicated person who will encourage and engage with the children during
• applicants who have the patience to work with young children
• willingness to organise games and activities in line with the school’s policy for enrichment activities • applicants who are able to work as part of a team, forming positive relationships with adults and pupils
• willingness to undertake first aid training and duties
You will be responsible for:
• supervising of children before and after their lunch and playground duty
• supervising children in the dining hall
• the playground, outdoor play areas and / or classroom, having regard to the safety and well-being of all of our children at all times.
• additionally you will be required to help children eat their lunch, promote good manners and develop their independent skills
Previous experience is not necessary but you will need to be reliable and dedicated, be professional and polite, acting as a good role model for our children. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and must be fluent in English. A good standard of literacy is also required for completion of relevant forms, e.g. first aid slips, behaviour books and accident forms. Two references will be required before interview from all short-listed applicants and the referees email address should be included in the application. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 15 October 2021, 4:30pm
For further details and an application pack please visit the school website.
Completed applications should be returned to the school office by the closing date above.
Interview date to be confirmed (please note we reserve the right to interview before the closing date) (if you have not been called for an interview within 28 days of the closing date you can assume you have not been unsuccessful on this occasion.) Only standard Birmingham City Council application forms will be accepted, we will not read accompanying CVs.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
BCC is a Living Wage employer.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.