Senior Academy Administrator
2 days left
Fairway Primary Academy is a small primary school in the heart of its community. We are an improving, forward thinking school and would love to hear from YOU. Fairway Primary Academy is on a rapid journey to achieving our shared dream. Our mission involves ensuring that we deliver the highest standard in both safety and learning for each and every pupil. Are you the kind of person who believes in the power of collective action and responsibility? Join us and help our fantastic team on the road to excellence.
At Fairway Primary Academy we can offer:
• Fabulous children who really try their very best.
• Resources to ensure you have the tools for the job.
• A leadership team that believes in a balance of SUPPORT as well as challenge - this is achieved through a first class programme of professional development (including systems of coaching and mentoring).
• As part of the University of Wolverhampton Multi Academy Trust (UMMAT) you will have access to networking and information sharing via our substantial and powerful collaborative networking cohort.
• Colleagues that share and disseminate GOOD practice on a consistent basis.
We are seeking to appointment a full time Senior Academy Administrator to join our team of enthusiastic and hard working staff at Fairway as soon as possible.
UWMAT Grade 4 SCP 12-16 (£23,541-£27,041 pro rata)
Working 37 hours per week (term-time plus two weeks)
To provide appropriate levels of clerical support to the Headteacher and Academy Staff, ensuring the smooth and effective running of the school. To act in a confidential manner in the best interests of the Academy, pupils and staff
We intend to appoint someone who:
• Shares our beliefs, values and common purpose.
• Has a strong work ethic and fully commits (through their behaviour) to a TEAM approach.
• Is consistent with attendance and punctuality.
• Has ideas, aspirations and wants to take an active role in making our vision become a reality.
• Recognises that the community we serve faces significant challenges but will continue to strive for success.
Acting as the first point of contact for visitors, supporting the Senior Academy Administrator in providing appropriate levels of administrative support to the Head Teacher and Academy Staff including filing, photocopying, receiving and handling telephone enquiries, incoming emails, dealing with queries, accurately record and maintain all Pupil Registers and Attendance records on a daily basis. Please see Job Description for full remit of the role.
Skills & Experience required:
• A* - C in GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
• An intermediate or above qualification in word processing/ typing skills
• Substantial experience of working in an office environment
• Experience of Microsoft Word package/excel
• Experience of Bromcom or a school based management information system
• Experience of working within a school/MAT office
• Able to communicate effectively and accurately both verbally and in writing
Please see Person Specification for full remit of the role.
We can offer you:
• A welcoming and friendly school, where everyone works together.
• A friendly and effective team, committed to continuous improvement.
Closing date: 18th October 2021
Interview date: 21st October 2021
The University of Wolverhampton Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to work to and within school policies and procedures, including safeguarding, child protection and health and safety.
The post is subject to satisfactory references which will be requested prior to the interview, an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications, plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak English fluently is an essential requirement for this role